Chem Norma Freed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drove up to check it out. She was hard aground by the looks of it. Was listing to the port side fairly good. Watched the three tugs try different angles and techniques. It didn't budge a bit the hour I was there.

gcarter,,,Sir!!! Whats the deal nowadays iffin I was to boat over to the location where she grounded and drop anchor and dive? Is it still a pissing match and I would need to register with Canadian Customs because I dropped anchor on the Canadian side?

gcarter,,,Sir!!! Whats the deal nowadays iffin I was to boat over to the location where she grounded and drop anchor and dive? Is it still a pissing match and I would need to register with Canadian Customs because I dropped anchor on the Canadian side?
First off, don't call me sir!!! :)

I would suspect so - I know every time we visit the Keystorm & The America we have to go through the rigmarole at Boldt Castle.

Hop the bridge and do a shore dive - we dive Lock 23 all the time. A group of us are going to be doing it Wednesday evening.

You can enter at the boat launch lower left, do the drift, exit at the beach upper right.

upload_2018-6-4_16-35-18.png

You can see the overlay at this link:

TRAPPED IN TIME: Chemical freighter ship runs aground on remains of a submerged town

upload_2018-6-4_16-39-0.png

upload_2018-6-4_16-39-22.png

You are welcome to join us Wednesday. We aim to get in the water around 6:30. PM me if you want to join us.

Cross at Oggy and head up the 401 to Morrisburg.

You are welcome to join us Wednesday. We aim to get in the water around 6:30. PM me if you want to join us.

Cross at Oggy and head up the 401 to Morrisburg.
Many apologies about the "Sir" comment!! I however try to be polite when asking questions about our common border. The last time I did the boat thing to the Eastcliff Hall, customs call in, was a joke! They did not have a clue where I was at or why. Even after a long detailed explanation, we were at an impasse!! Said the heck with this and went on the dive anyways. The reason I questioned this, is I thought that the US and Canada had resolved some of the waterway issues. However, that appears not to be.
As for Wed nite meet up, I currently have another commitment. I will however keep this in mind and hopefully catch up with you on another. Safe dives, Tony
ps; thanks for the pics!!

Man I can’t wait to dive lock 23 again!

Man I can’t wait to dive lock 23 again!
Sydney has put a lot of work into that website, hopefully it will tide you over until you get back this way lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom