Ches. Light Tower Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slick. I have small bits of footage from Rawlings, but it was taken on my Canon Elph. The Elph stores the video in some sort of odd codec (inside of an AVI file) and the software I normally use for video editing gives the finger when you try to use it. So I need to convert it from the Canon file (which is probably MJPEG) to something more friendly.

I'm not sure if I have enough to put together something entertaining or not.

I was looking the other day to see where they are with camcorders that record in high definition to SD flash memory cards. Still pretty expensive for anything of any quality. Then the housing is probably more than the camera.

I was glad to find it and share it. It would be cool if we could get a little local video collection going of some of our local diving. Ethan, I think you should invest in a video/housing set-up with all of the money you are saving now from not diving with your leg injury. What do ya think?

Not to throw Andy under the bus or anything, but hey what are friends for, he just invested in a new(to him) video set-up & should be ready to roll early next year.

I was glad to find it and share it. It would be cool if we could get a little local video collection going of some of our local diving. Ethan, I think you should invest in a video/housing set-up with all of the money you are saving now from not diving with your leg injury. What do ya think?

Hah! Actually, last night.... I started looking through all of the bits I recorded from Rawlings, and there is definitely enough there to put together a video. There is a song I want to use that was part of a piece of software from a competition made in ~1993... I've found the author (The group is Finnish) and am going to ask permission to use the song.

I probably won't invest in video equipment unless I was able to travel a lot to tropical places and what not. I'd want to do HD video :)

Also I never got a reply from Rawlings regarding the light stuff.

Not to throw Andy under the bus or anything, but hey what are friends for, he just invested in a new(to him) video set-up & should be ready to roll early next year.

Cool! I found that shooting video with my canon works okay (if you don't need TV resolution output). But my videos I took were really shaky. Many of them are from me accidentally hitting the mode switch on the camera and knocking it into video mode. I had more than 5 videos of it just hanging for 10 minutes or so flopping around.

Is his setup normal or HD video?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom