Chester Poling Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick2

Reaction score
Went out with the Daybreaker today and dove on the Poling, first let me say what a lot of you already know; Capt. Fran and his son Matt run a first class operation and are all around good guys. The dive was very good with very little current (top or bottom) and great vis' (around 25-30') we had temps hovering around 47-50 degrees.
One thing I did notice since my last visit out there (2 yrs.), was the serious reduction of white frilled anemones. Very few this time, as where the last time out the catwalk was covered with them, making the scene resemble a garden under water. Fran mentioned that this seemed to be happening at the other dive sites as well. Interesting, wonder what the cause may be:confused:
Our second dive was at the castle and was a great way to finnish the trip, bugs were a scurrying a plenty. Mostly shorties but enough keepers to provide a nice dinner for my wife and I. The dive itself is a very pretty and interesting site. A very nice way to spend the day. Thanks again to Capt. Fran and Matt.

Rick2:
Went out with the Daybreaker today and dove on the Poling, first let me say what a lot of you already know; Capt. Fran and his son Matt run a first class operation and are all around good guys. The dive was very good with very little current (top or bottom) and great vis' (around 25-30') we had temps hovering around 47-50 degrees.
One thing I did notice since my last visit out there (2 yrs.), was the serious reduction of white frilled anemones. Very few this time, as where the last time out the catwalk was covered with them, making the scene resemble a garden under water. Fran mentioned that this seemed to be happening at the other dive sites as well. Interesting, wonder what the cause may be:confused:
Our second dive was at the castle and was a great way to finnish the trip, bugs were a scurrying a plenty. Mostly shorties but enough keepers to provide a nice dinner for my wife and I. The dive itself is a very pretty and interesting site. A very nice way to spend the day. Thanks again to Capt. Fran and Matt.

Yes they do run a very good operation. Probably one of the best in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom