Children's Aquarium At Fair Park ... Job And Volunteer Ops!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just thought I'd pass it along that the Children's Aquarium at Fair Park, Dallas, has recently had a mass exodus of employees and is looking to fill both part-time and full time positions:

1. 29hr/wk, non-benefit position. Sort of a "cover supervisor" position. " We want someone with a biology background and perhaps teaching experience." is the quote from the e-mail I received.

2. "Our quarantine officer and aquarist is leaving for a great opportunity at Point Defiance, Tacoma, WA. We love him, are very proud of him, and wish him only the best!! We are also seeking qualified applicants for his position at our children’s aquarium."

3. " Individuals with extensive aquatic husbandry and management experience are encouraged to apply for the Husbandry Supervisor position" This would be the person who would be responsible for the Dive Program if we can get it going again

4. ... and as always we need volunteers at the aquarium.

if you are interested in any of this, there might be more jobs available as well,

Contact Tracy Gardner at the zoo for more information: Tracy.Gardner@dallaszoo.com (the Children's Aquarium at Fair Park is under the Dallas Zoo umbrella) Tracy is our volunteer coordinator and will able to direct you to where to apply if you are seeking employment.

Here's all the information on the aquarium:

Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park
1462 First Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75226
info@dallaszoo.com

I just thought I'd pass it along that the Children's Aquarium at Fair Park, Dallas, has recently had a mass exodus of employees and is looking to fill both part-time and full time positions:

1. 29hr/wk, non-benefit position. Sort of a "cover supervisor" position. " We want someone with a biology background and perhaps teaching experience." is the quote from the e-mail I received.

2. "Our quarantine officer and aquarist is leaving for a great opportunity at Point Defiance, Tacoma, WA. We love him, are very proud of him, and wish him only the best!! We are also seeking qualified applicants for his position at our children’s aquarium."

3. " Individuals with extensive aquatic husbandry and management experience are encouraged to apply for the Husbandry Supervisor position" This would be the person who would be responsible for the Dive Program if we can get it going again

4. ... and as always we need volunteers at the aquarium.

if you are interested in any of this, there might be more jobs available as well,

Contact Tracy Gardner at the zoo for more information: Tracy.Gardner@dallaszoo.com (the Children's Aquarium at Fair Park is under the Dallas Zoo umbrella) Tracy is our volunteer coordinator and will able to direct you to where to apply if you are seeking employment.

Here's all the information on the aquarium:

Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park
1462 First Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75226
info@dallaszoo.com

Hello, is Tracy still the volunteer coordinator?

no diving. we haven't been able to get the dive program back off the ground since the renovation.

currently, working the touch tank, the "stingray bay" tank, some opportunities to work with the aquarists taking care of the animals, and various educational things.

What kind of schedule or just when you avail ?

easy scheduling. they would like you to do a minimum of one shift a month. but they will take whatever time you are available.

a shift is basically a half of a day. Most of us work on weekends, but if you have any time during the week, they would love that. You have a better chance of doing "behind the scenes" stuff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom