Chinchorro Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divekitty

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Playa del Carmen and thinking about making a trip south to Chinchorro Reef (south of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere). I'm wondering if the diving there is worth the trip as the area is a bit out of the way. Also, any suggestions re. best ways to make the trip (car rental vs. public transport), dive centers, etc. would be great.

If anyone is interested in going to Chinchorro, I'll be in PDC from 8/12-8/26.

divekitty:
I'm going to be in Playa del Carmen and thinking about making a trip south to Chinchorro Reef (south of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere). I'm wondering if the diving there is worth the trip as the area is a bit out of the way. Also, any suggestions re. best ways to make the trip (car rental vs. public transport), dive centers, etc. would be great.

If anyone is interested in going to Chinchorro, I'll be in PDC from 8/12-8/26.

I stayed at Maya Ha and dove Chinchorro 2 years ago. While the reefs were prestine, you had to swim by a lot of sandy bottoms to see the reef. IMHO, Chinchorro is not worth the trip down from PLaya (don't forget it's about a 2 1/2 boat ride to the reef.) You'd do better taking a day trip to Coz. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

pm me and I will give you the name of a freelance diveguide that could set it up for you.

Back
Top Bottom