Chincoteague Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acarter92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi ya'll,

I'm looking at buying a lot in Horntown, VA to set up a "camp". So the Chincoteague Inlet is about 8 miles away by boat. If I buy it, I'll be keeping my boat there, a 20' that I have set up pretty well for diving 2-3 people. I plan on getting into salt water fishing and crabbing more, at least to the point where I can actually catch something :eyebrow:, but it would be nice if I don't have to trailer up to Ocean City to get a few dives in if the weather is right, so is there any diving in the area? I did some searching, but came up pretty dry.

Thanks,
Austin

There are definitely wrecks there...they just aren't visited/talked about very much.

You start messing around in Chincoteague and it will not take you long to run into " the atlantic wreck divers". They winter in Annapolis and summer in VA. Karen, the Buckleys, and Yoda are all very entertaining. Wrecks I can tell you about:

the parking lot
the steel sailing ship
the barrel wreck
the bottle/sub wreck
winter quarter shoals
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom