Chinese QH-14 and QH-27 lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SwimmingFish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everybody!

This summer I've been to Egypt and had some new gear with me. Both the Gopro 7 with the Backscatter Flip add-on, and some cheap chinese lamps I bought of Amazon, after seeing them on Ebay for a long time.

The lamps I had sell with different manufacturer names, but the model name is the same (QH-14-7, and QH-27). Pretty good power. 4x18650 in parallel. I have no way of testing, but probably at least 2-3000 lumen. At full power, there's no problems (or the flickering is hard to see), but when I chose only 50%, I assume their controller is rather cheap/bad, or my Gopro 7 simply recorded at a close-to frequency... I think even using the +10 Macro allows for the effect to be seen more clearly. I think I was filming in 4k 60fps.

This is the link to one of my dives: The effect can be seen at 13:20 and at 47:05.

The next dive on the same settings and the same batteries in the lamp (thus less juice) barely shows any flickering at full power (if you look carefully when approaching the anemone). Watch at 29:25

I was very satisfied with the lamps (sold them), and I'd like to buy new ones again (more than 2), but since I plan to invest into a bigger-than-Gopro camera, I'd also like to get something that outputs good light.

Kindly appreciate any tips and answers or your personal experiences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom