Chris Pruchnic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riddler

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chris was an open-water instructor at Denver Divers. He was also a superb athlete, and a member of the American Alpine Society. He passed on Saturday, November 20, 2010 at Rocky Mountain National Park, while ice climbing. Chris had just completed his first 100-mile footrace, and loved to explore the mountains of the world. He was 42-years old.

I remember diving with Chris in the Blue Hole, New Mexico (in December, brrr :cold:), and also teaching classes in the warmer waters of the pool at the store :D He was passionate and dedicated about everything he did. He attended every meeting, and he always had valuable input. He died doing what he loved most in the world.

Chris, you were a part of our family, and we'll miss you.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001271864570&v=wall
Climber killed in RMNP identified as Christian Pruchnic - Boulder Daily Camera

The body of a 42-year-old Denver man was retrieved late today after he fell to his death Saturday afternoon on a treacherous ice climbing route on Thatchtop Mountain in Rocky Mountain National Park, park officials said.
The victim was found at 10:15 a.m. this morning, but efforts by the 25-person rescue team were hampered by the terrain and winter snowstorm. They finally got it to the trailhead about 4 p.m.
The name of the fallen climber has not been released.
Park authorities received a cell phone call at 2:30 p.m. Saturday reporting the fatality on the "All Mixed Up" ice climbing route above Mills Lake. The man was part of a two-person team, and the other climber was uninjured.
The route is steep with loose ice, talus and unconsolidated snow. It sits about 1,200 feet above the lake and is closed while recovery teams complete their work.

Read more: Body of fallen climber retrieved after snowstorm-caused delay - The Denver Post Body of fallen climber retrieved after snowstorm-caused delay - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

I had the privilege of knowing Chris through work. He was one of the most positive, upbeat people I knew and would always take a couple of minutes to talk to you. Even though I'm a newbie when it comes to diving, he always shared some great tips and dive spots with me. RIP, Chris...you will be missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom