Christmas in Bonaire !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

requiembell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We just got back from Bonaire last Saturday and have already booked another week starting on Christmas Day. I will be taking the entire family on this one ... including my mother-in-law who is a diver as well. Back to Captain Don's again and can't wait.
Anyone else out there coming down for the Holiday?

Well, my wife and I will be there the week between Christmas and New Years. It will be our third trip. I'm already doing the diving research. This is not a paid advertisement, but Susan Porter has released the updated 6th edition of "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy". I ordered one yesterday, and she replied that it will ship Monday. This has been updated since the last major hurricane, which apparently did some damage up North, but not since you've been there.

Scubaboard may not allow me to publish a link, but I'll try.
Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy, BSDME, Author Susan Porter

I have the previous edition of her book and it is a nice reference. Maybe we will see you on the flight over or back.

I understand that the new edition of Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy has new charts, new info, new aerial photos, new maps and lots of updates.

We went last Christmas. Had a great time and weather was awesome. My only advice is be prepared to get creative in your dining and shopping needs. The holiday hours can be a little sporadic. Not a huge deal but got surprised by closures here and there.

Anyone else out there coming down for the Holiday?

Yap!
Wife and I will fly across pacific ocean and visit Bonaire in Christmas holidays for 1st time. We will drive & dive around the island , can't wait! I am very glad if someone shows me water temperature in Christmas holiday season.

Last edited:
Xmas & New Year's In Bonaire, Black Durgon Inn, doesn't get any better than this.
This will be our 3rd New Years and 8th trip back in 3 years. Guess we have a real problem, LOL. Can't wait to hit the red eye out of Newark Xmas night.

Yap!
Wife and I will fly across pacific ocean and visit Bonaire in Christmas holidays for 1st time. We will drive & dive around the island , can't wait! I am very glad if someone shows me water temperature in Christmas holiday season.

Last December water temps were consistently 82 - 84 F. Very nice but not too warm.

Wow! I'm jealous!!
I had wanted to go there over the Christmas break, but had trouble finding a flight from New Orleans ..... which is unusual.
The most economical flight I found left Miami, but to get to Miami was really expensive. So, won't be going there this Christmas. :depressed::depressed::depressed:

Hi Everyone,

We will also be in Bonaire Christmas week, flying in on 12/25. We'll be staying at the Divi Flamingo Beach Resort. This is our first time in Bonaire, and looking forward to some great diving.

Sounds like many of you have been there before, and I do have a question about diving in Bonaire. I know the shore diving is awesome, but I'm wondering about the boat dives. Is it worth doing some of those as well, and if so, does anyone know which are the better ones? I'm planning on purchasing a package and am wondering how many boat dives I should include, versus just days of shore diving.

Look forward to chatting with you guys in the months to come. Maybe we can even arrange a gathering one night, while there!!

Millie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom