Christmas in Bonaire !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like many of you have been there before, and I do have a question about diving in Bonaire. I know the shore diving is awesome, but I'm wondering about the boat dives. Is it worth doing some of those as well, and if so, does anyone know which are the better ones? I'm planning on purchasing a package and am wondering how many boat dives I should include, versus just days of shore diving.

Millie

I would book the fewest number of boat dives possible and then check to make sure that you will be going to Klein Bonaire (great dives only accessible by boat) and other sites that are not easy to get to as shore dives.

CountessP,

My family and I always include six boat dives on our trips ... we do our dives at Cpt. Don's where we stay. My favorite dive to date is Rappel. I believe that it can only be reached by boat ... although I think it was originally a shore dive in which you had to rappel down the rock face to get to the water. The descent is amazing and the coral structure is truly unbelievable. I would strongly recommend this dive and will be pitching a fit on this next trip to do it again.
I hope you enjoy your sanity because after one trip to Bonaire you will be willing to give it up just to return time and time again.

Requiembell-
We are getting very excited about the trip as well. Thanks for the intro to this site. Lots of wonderful info. I hear I have some new presents coming out of Ozark shop. Woo-Hoo.

Millie,

We always purchase a six dive boat package when we go. The expense is minimal, in my opinion, and it allows us to get to some of the more unique dive sites without breaking a bone in the process. Where are you flying in from ... it sounds like we will be on the same plane. Atlanta flight for us.

Craig-n-Em,

Welcome and we can't wait for the trip. Looks like Gordon Biersch in ATL may be in order if the four of us can meet before they close on the 24th.

Requiembell-

Gordon's is great. I feel pretty confident that the girls will have our arrival in ATL worked out. Gordon's sounds great to me. Snowed here in Wyoming the last 2 days. Nice and cold too. Looking forward to the warmth of the south, and then the FAR south. Talk soon.

I'm considering Bonaire in June for a week of diving with my wife. Any comments on summer diving there and recommendations for accommodations. We like all-inclusives but don't know if there are many to choose from on Bonaire.

If you search hard enough you might find some all inclusive type accommodations in Bonaire but really you would be limiting your options tremendously as some, if not most, of the restaurants in Bonaire are above average and well worth the time and money to try. We tend to use Cpt. Dons and pay for the breakfast as part of the package then either split a lunch somewhere like Elys (sp?) deli or on property and then do a big supper at one of the restaurants. City Cafe is wonderful for lunch if you happen to be down town.

Back
Top Bottom