Chuuk (Truk) Lagoon March 2009 - liveaboard suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must agree with ncchuck the grocery stores are nothing like back home ,but they did have some really huge Spam cans .

Very well said Ncchuck, I just returned a couple of weeks ago from a trip on the Odyssey and can't wait to go back!!! I stayed at Blue Lagoon for two days because of flights and I don't think I would stay there again, I thought is was falling in dis-repair from my previous trips, I had no water pressure or hot water, the towels and bedding were gross, but, the restaurant was great, the grounds beautiful and well maintained. I did a day of diving with the dive shop there and got first class service on the boat, extremely knowledgeable guides, and really friendly. I think when I go in May 09, I will try to stay at the Truk Stop Hotel instead of the Blue Lagoon.
***Also, if you are travelling by yourself or with one other, you should contact the Odyssey direct on thier website to check availability. That is what I always do when I go.
Safe Diving,
Robb

....is ready and awaiting your visit! I was recently there over the Christmas holidays and had another fantastic week of diving. Your option up to 5 dives/day! The Thorfinn is located in the lagoon so that rides on the skiffs are very short and # of divers small. The Chuukese crew/dive guides are knowledgable and very friendly. Accomadation and food is very good. Capt Lance is without peer in terms of experience and knowledge of Chuuk Lagoon and the wrecks that lie within! If certified, nitrox is available as part of the package. I have been twice in the last 2 years and am planning my next visit!

As I remember, Lenny (the Odyssey owner) told me that much of the food that is served on board he specifically flies/ships in.

As for availability, the economic situation has taken the sails out of many people's plans. As such, if you have the money and can get the flights you may find availability - especially if you are flexible. We are already heading to Palau for weeks in June and have a free week. Our options are a week in Japan or another week of diving on the Odyssey. decisions decisions.

Back
Top Bottom