Cinch system & plates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneysavr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
:depressed:For Xmas my significant other ordered up several cinch systems,after stripping down 1 of our SS plates and heading over to the great Halcyon web site how to, major bummer! the major component dose not align up on our SS plates. This sucks as I am not tossing our plates for two Halcyon plates!! but seems like the cinch component is smaller or for a smaller plate?
Looks like we have to send them back and opt for a system LIKE DR,, all be it nothing as good as the cinch.:(

:depressed:For Xmas my significant other ordered up several cinch systems,after stripping down 1 of our SS plates and heading over to the great Halcyon web site how to, major bummer! the major component dose not align up on our SS plates. This sucks as I am not tossing our plates for two Halcyon plates!! but seems like the cinch component is smaller or for a smaller plate?
Looks like we have to send them back and opt for a system LIKE DR,, all be it nothing as good as the cinch.:(

You can acquire used Halcyon SS plates in the $80-$100 range then sell your other plates. The differential should not be that much...

It's too bad your SO didn't do her homework -- Cinch systems don't fit plates that don't have the bottom bend that Halcyon has. They're pretty open about it. It's why we don't have them.

I did mounted the cinch on my H plate, ask me if i would buy it again and i will say NO.
After 20 dives in cold water the system doesnt work well anymore.

*. Well not everyone has your ultimate wisdom=tsm

Thanks Jan were diving cold,cold water with the mix of tropical thrown in and loved how the system worked (easy of adjustability) at the shop certifying my son in Florida cave country.

I did mounted the cinch on my H plate, ask me if i would buy it again and i will say NO.
After 20 dives in cold water the system doesnt work well anymore.

what have you found to be the issue? I have well over 150 dives on mine (with doubles and using two canisters - video light battery pack and suit heater pack) and am diving in cold water as well.

Use in cold water should not change how the system works over time. Are you using it with any accessories? weight pockets, etc?

Anyone know if the Cinch system will work on a Halcyon plate with a Hammerhead or Oxycheq weighted STA? Hard to tell from the pictures, but I have this feeling that some STA's could interfere with the Cinch Adapter Plate.

what have you found to be the issue? I have well over 150 dives on mine (with doubles and using two canisters - video light battery pack and suit heater pack) and am diving in cold water as well.

Use in cold water should not change how the system works over time. Are you using it with any accessories? weight pockets, etc?
No weigth pockets, just my salvo canister and doubles.
I noticed that it doesnt go as smooth as in the beginning, i thought that maybe the temp of the water plays a role with the stifness of the webbing.
Maybe the trouble is only with my webbing

are you using the new webbing supplied with the kit?

also i've occasionally had the back up light retainers slide down if they are not in use (i usually have the second one captured behind the backup light - one band on the light, one behind it)

I've actually taken to placing triglides as 'minimum shoulder strap size' stoppers so that people new to the system don't over tighten or once you've found the perfect spot for trimming out your tanks you never go too short.

Some people also fix the left side and have the right side as the 'release' strap.

No weigth pockets, just my salvo canister and doubles.
I noticed that it doesnt go as smooth as in the beginning, i thought that maybe the temp of the water plays a role with the stifness of the webbing.
Maybe the trouble is only with my webbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom