Cinch system & plates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you using the new webbing supplied with the kit?

also i've occasionally had the back up light retainers slide down if they are not in use (i usually have the second one captured behind the backup light - one band on the light, one behind it)

I've actually taken to placing triglides as 'minimum shoulder strap size' stoppers so that people new to the system don't over tighten or once you've found the perfect spot for trimming out your tanks you never go too short.

Some people also fix the left side and have the right side as the 'release' strap.
Yes i did used the new one, with the old one it doesnt work at all :)

I think i will try the option fix the lift side...maybe it works then a bit better for me...is a good tip TNX Laura

Jan

figured you probably were using the new webbing but had to ask anyway just in case :)

the other simple tip that has helped a lot of people (myself included) with regards to the cinch adjustments is:

pull up to cinch and push down to loosen

i get lazy and just try to push "out" (straight forward) to loosen and/or tighten. Also sometimes i don't take the time to check and see if my light canister is pulling the assembly 'down' or my pressure gauge is flipped inside or some other silliness :)

Spray some silicone lube on the webbing where it passes over the rounded plastic part.
It makes it very easy to slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom