Closed: Circa 1990s Faber Scubapro Steel LP 72

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forgyde

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am currently looking to buy a second LP72 to double with one I currently have. I have one of the white Faber tanks marketed as Scubapro, it is 7" not 7 1/4". Hoping to get one from the 90's so the threads match. (Modern 3/4")
Tank must be in hydro. Seller must be in the Detroit or White Star Quarry areas OR be willing to ship. I will pay shipping costs.

Thank You for your time!

I believe you are correct, this tank may be a 6.9".

Before commencing on your search you might contact Bud at bud@bluesteelscuba.com who is the importer for Faber and verify exactly what cylinder you have. That can be done via the serial number. I recommend that because the cylinders you are describing just may well be LP 76 which are actually 6.76 in diameter. At the same time you can probably get the REE for the cylinders. Which if they are LP76s the REE is 64 (at least for mine which are 92/9023/0XX)

Last edited:
The markings are: DOT-3AA 2400 -92/9012/ 115 M8303 Faber ITALY 07 A 92 + Scubapro
I emailed Bud anyway to find out more info. This tank belongs to the little lady, and she cannot lift my doubles.
If anyone has a line on a matching unit, please let me know.

Thanks again!

The markings are: DOT-3AA 2400 -92/9012/ 115 M8303 Faber ITALY 07 A 92 + Scubapro
I emailed Bud anyway to find out more info. This tank belongs to the little lady, and she cannot lift my doubles.
If anyone has a line on a matching unit, please let me know.

Thanks again!

I believe that's an LP85. I have a Faber LP85.... LP72s are ordinarily 2250 PSI.

I believe that's an LP85. I have a Faber LP85.... LP72s are ordinarily 2250 PSI.

The original LP72 made by PST and Norris are 2250 psi but not Faber's, they are 2400 psi. That said Faber made a slim line LP72 that is 6.5 in diameter. But also a LP76 that is 6.76 in diameter. Both with ScubaPro markings.

I have just purchased one cylinder that (if it passes hydro) will work. Closing this thread. Thank you for all the help!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom