Citizen Dive Watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I brought this over from another thread...

Citizen Dive Watch?
As weird as it sounds, I have the opportunity to buy a Citizen Diver's Promaster MA9004-21E here in the desert. Does anyone have any comments or experience with it? It costs 265 Euro's, I still have to convert it to Canadian.

Here is the link...
http://www.web-watches.com.au/citizen/promaster/divers/

Even weirder, I'm buying a boat while I'm here as well...

Sirius(ly)

Looks like the HyperAqualand that we have here in the states. I love mine.

I would buy one for that price too...
I have one already and it has been very usefull tool for me.

Eugene

I have the Hyper-Aqualand and I get a lot of Ascent alarms when ever I move my arm up. It seems like the alarm is constantly going even though I am sitting at a constant Depth. Other than that it is great!! I leave it on the boat a lot because I want to get away from the noise.

I paid $299 US for mine, with the interface. It is a fine bottom timer, and alot more info is availible for the log book after downloading to your PC. ScubaSky is right, it is real sensitive to ascent rate, a quick movement of an arm to avoid a reef and beep beep beep beep.

sirius4procyon once bubbled...
I brought this over from another thread...

Citizen Dive Watch?
As weird as it sounds, I have the opportunity to buy a Citizen Diver's Promaster MA9004-21E here in the desert. Does anyone have any comments or experience with it? It costs 265 Euro's, I still have to convert it to Canadian.

Here is the link...
http://www.web-watches.com.au/citizen/promaster/divers/

Even weirder, I'm buying a boat while I'm here as well...

Sirius(ly)

Uhhh...I think you're paying too much. I have an ECO drive that has a depth gauge and I love it. Never needs batteries replaced. I thought about having one as a dive computer, but already have a computer so I went with the ECO drive...no complaints.

Check this out...very similar model (I believe, could be wrong...)

Hope this helps...they make great watches IMO.

Link: Citizen Promaster

I would do a search on the web by P/N I think you could save a couple hunded dollars.
Rob

I have that same exact watch.....know as the Citizen Promaster Hyper Aqualand.....good little toy, pretty accurate as well as very informative at depth. I use it together with my dive computer as a back-up and also for my dive profiles. Since this watch has the synch module I use it for that, the computer has one as well but at $300 it's not worth the coin.

As already mentioned, it is very sensitive to movement, but over time you get used to the little beeps LOL!

I bought at a jeweller that had no idea what he was selling for $350CAN with the cradle - good deal for a good watch and back-up device.

Ive got a basic solar powered Ecodrive watch. No o-ring seal to break to change battery and its a simple watch. No extras - It just tells me the time and has a moving bezel for dive time. In short - it works....Usually (i had one flood!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom