Citizen HA mounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IceBergSlim

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I enjoy using my HA daily on the surface. But, I also use it diving. I find the metal band does not adjust large enough to go over exposure protection. (works on the 3mm but not the 7mm and as to the drysuit....fogettaboutit!) I am therefore forced to put it in a BC pocket which makes viewing awkward. The older style rubber watch band will not fit on the newer metal style. Has anyone found an atractive and practical way to use the watch on the surface while allowing it to expand to a larger size while under water? I understand this is a "vanity question", but I do not really want to go around town with a big bunch of velcro on my wrist (and I am to cheap to buy another watch). I hope my inquiry is clear. Peace, d

Does the waterborne replacement straps count as a 'big bunch of velcro'? There's no velcro on it, but if it's the black nylon that you don't like, the waterborne strap won't help...

Otherwise, you might be able to get a jeweler to get you a metal band from a Doxa/Rolex/etc. dive watch. My Doxa has a clasp that can be undone (separate from the regular clasp) to expand the band to compensate for an exposure suit, so I know such a best exists. I have no idea, however, who might be able to get one for your HA.

Please tell me more about the "waterborne". Is that something that will work with the metal aspects of the HA?

As to a jeweler..that is gonna be my last resort. Thanks for your thoughts, d

Here's some pics courtesy of google.

http://www.timunasea.com/info/waterbornefit.html

The reality is that, at least in my experience, a replacement strap never looks as good as the original. The waterborne strap will fit the bill from a functional perspective, but it absolutely doesn't look as sharp as a metal band...

I use these straps on my HA (rubber strap was way too long for my girlish wrists) and my VT Pro. I don't wear the HA all the time, since it is downright massive on my wrist, so the strap being more 'utilitarian' isn't a issue for me.

Saw the photos and thanks. But, that watch in the photo is the older style which does not have the crenelated (sp?) mounting. I have no problem with black webbing and also no prob with having a big old hunk of metal on my wrist. (I am a large human male) Still, I do understand your thoughts about the bulk. It is a 2 ton hunk of metal to haul around.
Peace, Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom