Citizen Hyper aqualand alarm malfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arturo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there. I wonder if anyone has ever run into this problem with a Citizen Hyper aqualand. I open it up with a special watch tool, replaced the battery (3V Maxell Cr 2025, in case anyone is interested), lubricated the O ring and closed it back. Tested it on surface and underwater and works fine. Except for the ascent and daily alarms that stop beeping after the procedure. I wonder if I forgot to implement any step when changing the battery and is causing this malfunction. Both alarms worked OK before I replaced the battery.

Hi Arturo

Sorry I cannot help you there but I did not know you could change the batteries yourself on these watches. I have the Citizen Cyber-Aqualand NX and the battery does not seem to hold the charge anymore (Rechargeable). Have you ever had one and do you know anything about changing the rechargeable battery?

Katherine

Hi Katherine:

I think we have different watches. Mine is a Hyper Aqualand an comes with a repleaceable (non rechargable) 3V battery. Yours is Cyber Aqualand NX and comes with a rechargable battery.

I am not familiar with your watch to answer your question but you could try writing to your nearest Citizen representative or else posting the question directly to Citizen Japan on their official website. My guess is that should be possible to change your battery for a new one, but you'll need to send it to an authorized Citizen shop.

Mine is still going strong (knock on wood) after 4 years.

Mike

Thanks Guys,

I have already sent a note off to Citizen so I will wait to hear back from them.

Katherine

Katherine:

Check the Q&A section of the Citizen web site. I believe there they say their rechargeable batteries are supposed to last 20 (twenty) years, at which point in time they are expected to loose only 30% of their recharging power. If that is true, yours turned out deffective. In the mean time, I still don't get any clue about why the alarms in my Hyper Aqualand stop working after battery replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom