Citizen Hyper Aqualand Divers Watch HELP!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jake32010

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Citizen Hyper Aqualand Divers Watch
connection to computer

to a usb port
what cord will do the job

Attachments

• watch 001.jpg
    watch 001.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 370
  • watch 002.jpg
    watch 002.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 430
Well, it's a 25 pin port. Both old style Parallel & Serial ports can in the 25 pin variety.

IIRC, Parallel Ports (for printers) were always female on the PC and Serial Ports (the Non Universal Bus kind) were always Male on the PC.

Since you have a Female end intended to connect to the PC I would say it's Serial. The documentation should mention this.

If I'm correct you need to parts:

1) USB to Serial Cable (usually then have a 9 pin serial port) USB to Serial cable adapter RS-232 converter, connect: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

2) 25 Pin Male to 9 Pin Female Adapter eXpansys 9 Female to 25 Pin Male Serial Adaptor: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

or you could buy them together: USB to RS232 DB9 Serial Cable & 9 pin to 25 pin Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

thanks

hahahaha

Citizen watch company has a USB - 25 pin adapter you can buy with software to run it. Tricky to do. and costs $55.00 + shiping. However they are the only game in town!. The software down loads from their site. citizenwatch.com go to support and then FAQ select the Hyper Aqualand and down load their up dates. The software will work with windows XP. Vista you have to change the programing to work as XP for this divice only. Vista will not see the divice until you change. It will work, but as I say its tricky. The call to the support team was useful, but I'm not sure they are familure with the works.
Good luck

You do not have to buy the citizen USB connector. Just buy the 25 pin to usb cable from your favorite computer store. Works fine. I can send a picture if you need one tomorrow.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom