Clark Hill/Lake thurmond 9/19 &9/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The lake vis is the best it has been all year. Five of us dove Sat and eight Sunday. Got in 5 dives this weekend.
Saturday
Dive 1 72' 78 min dive time
Dive 2 81' 52 min dive time
Sunday
Dive 3 75' 40 min dive time
Dive 4 78' 60 min dive time
Dive 5 81' 62 min dive time

Vis on the rocks is about 10' and about 10' -15' on the plane (3rd dive today was very clear). The 80' wall is clear. Great to be diving it again. There are spots where the vis is upward of 20' (trench, angel statue). New gnome courtesy of Doug and Debbie. It is placed on the 40' ledge where you make the turn to the angel statue. For those who didn't make it out this weekend, you missed some great diving and you might want to think about getting some in before the lake turns. the weather gods smiled on us - Sunny all day Saturday and though cloudy to partly cloudy on dives 1 and 2 today, dive three was full sun. Our last dive was great - slow and relaxed (after placing the gnome). The late afternoon sun on the wall was great - didn't need a light for the 80' wall at all. Vis was 15-20'. We spent the last part of our dive today with a cat that swam with us for about 5 min. - even swam up to my hand. Again, this was a neat dive.

Tony and Ken - Glad you could join us. Nice to meet both of you. Y'all come back for a river dive. Bit of a ride for you I know from Winder and Lawrenceville (18 min for me - had to say it:D). Jen, enjoyed diving with you Sat - why do women have such great air consumption? Pat, enjoyed diving with you again - Steve missed out: :D Don't rub it in too much.

Thanks very much. I gotta get over there this coming weekend. Gonna have to call my dive buddy and get out butts out there. I hope this rain lets up though.

Agreed Andy, Deb and I had 4 great dives this weekend. The vis is just amazing compared to what we were diving in a few months ago--and that catfish today was special. Debby says it wanted to come home with you :cool:. Thanks everyone for a good weekend.

Andy,

Thanks for showing us around under Clarks Hill. I know I had a great time diving and hanging out for the SI's. You do have a awesome dive spot 18 minutes from your house. For that I give you a present! :mooner:

I am looking foward to coming back to dive Clarks Hill again and Drift the river.

By the way it is still raining here. It made my day to tell all my friends in Winder I got to see the sun for a brief minute leaving the lake yesterday.:D

Nice to dive with all of you on Sunday. I'll try to have Steve with us next time. Can't wait to see the new addition to our "reef". Thanks again for a great dive!

Andy Thank You for your time in showing Me and Tony around your great dive spot We will have to come back and find the gnome. And thank you for the invite to dive the river with you all. I am looking forward to diving with all of you and to meet more of the local dive family. It is so cool to meet somany neet people. untill then

KEN

Andy,

Thanks for showing us around under Clarks Hill. I know I had a great time diving and hanging out for the SI's. You do have a awesome dive spot 18 minutes from your house. For that I give you a present! :mooner:

I am looking foward to coming back to dive Clarks Hill again and Drift the river.

By the way it is still raining here. It made my day to tell all my friends in Winder I got to see the sun for a brief minute leaving the lake yesterday.:D

Well, :storm: y'all have certainly had much more rain than us - oh, did I get too much sun today? :shades: :D
Seriously, I hope your rain ends soon given alll the havoc it has caused. Enjoyed diving with y'all and you are welcome to dive with us anytime.

Last edited:
Andy Thank You for your time in showing Me and Tony around your great dive spot We will have to come back and find the gnome. And thank you for the invite to dive the river with you all. I am looking forward to diving with all of you and to meet more of the local dive family. It is so cool to meet somany neet people. untill then

KEN

Enjoyed meeting and diving with you and Tony. The gnome was placed on the 40' ledge where you need to make the left turn to hit the angel statue. Come join us again.

Back
Top Bottom