Clarks Hill Lake/Lake Thurmond Dive Map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Durn, I still haven't dove the lake. Really need to get out there.

Gotta come dive with us sometime. We were in the river today. 8-10' vis, 20' max depth. 140 min bottom time. Nice dive. Hitting the lake tomorrow.

I know, I know. I always mean to, but my weekends are so busy. If I'm not working...well, I'm usually working. And next weekend I got an out of town wedding. Maybe the weekend after?

We had two great dives today. Dive one was a "road trip" as we covered quite a bit of distance. We dove the 3 big rocks, 80' wall, a portion of the 100' wall (lights not needed). stump pile, big stump, N. Wall fallen tree, pipe, angel statue, cow skull rock and a the rocks of the dam to exit. For reference this dive begins at the corner of E. Dam (entry area) and goes to the mid point of hippe cove and back. Saw a few cats along the way, bass, lots of bluegills and other sunfish. Saw bass striking hatchlings. Had a large bass hang out with us a bit. 103' for dive time of 71 minutes. Dive two was the 35' ledge, angel statue , entire 80' wall, wing tank, 3 big rocks, plane, ski boat and the rocks of the dam. Another nice dive. 70 min dive time and depth of 87'. Vis varied from 8-10' to 20' at depth.

We had two great dives today. Dive one was a "road trip" as we covered quite a bit of distance. We dove the 3 big rocks, 80' wall, a portion of the 100' wall (lights not needed). stump pile, big stump, N. Wall fallen tree, pipe, angel statue, cow skull rock and a the rocks of the dam to exit. For reference this dive begins at the corner of E. Dam (entry area) and goes to the mid point of hippe cove and back. Saw a few cats along the way, bass, lots of bluegills and other sunfish. Saw bass striking hatchlings. Had a large bass hang out with us a bit. 103' for dive time of 71 minutes. Dive two was the 35' ledge, angel statue , entire 80' wall, wing tank, 3 big rocks, plane, ski boat and the rocks of the dam. Another nice dive. 70 min dive time and depth of 87'. Vis varied from 8-10' to 20' at depth.
How have you been I see that you are hitting the lake on a regular basis. Tony and myself are going to try and get up there in a month or so and dive with you we would like to get in the river with you all . I will get in touch with you when we know when for shore. The map is great Tony and me used it over a year or so ago when we where there last . have you added any thing to it?

Back
Top Bottom