Class one, mission compleate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdexcalibur

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!!
open water one is here. Class was a blast. had to swim 4 laps. Thought I was going to die! Might not seem like a lot but I'm not in the best of shape. I't been awhile since I hit the pool. Which is my own fault. Have to get in the pool a couple of times before next class. Did all snorkling but the good stuff comes next week. when we get to use scuba and mask clearing. I get 5 open water dives which I can't wait for. well have to go read chapter 3. Stay tuned until class 2. :teach:

Good luck, you'll have a blast!

When I was in OW, I went to a public pool over every lunch hour to swim & kick laps. I still practice in pools often. It will all pay off when you are in the ocean & have a long kick to a dive site.

It is not hard, just listen and study your books and learn, learn, learn.... you are going to just fine.

Rich :mean:

Congrats, sdexcalibur! Do yourself a favor, and hit the pool every day. I, too am in the middle of my OW, and hadn't done much true swimming for a while. I was so motivated,(read: excited to finally be getting certified) I asked a neighbor if I could do a few laps every day to prepare for the 6 lap test. (Also had to tread water for 10 minutes.). She was cool with it, and it paid off LARGE! It only takes 15-20 minutes a day, for a coupla weeks, and you should notice much improvement. Your life may depend on your air/stamina some day. Best of luck! Keep us posted. Stay safe, stay wet!

Keep up the the work and study, it only gets better!! I just got my cert last weekend, and each OW dive was better than the last. At first I had trouble controlling buoyancy, but by the last dive it felt effortless. Keep it up, and have fun doing it!!!

Well done! you're really getting there - and there's no shortage of advice or support here on the board. We all look forward to hearing of greater progress.

You're going to love the Open Water experience!

MN :wink:

I start on Monday and cant wait. My first class jumps right into using scuba. I am praying that I can drag my sorry butt through the laps. I have always been a strong swimmer but you know how it goes when you slack off.
Keep us posted! It's fun knowing someone else is trudging through the same stuff a few days a head of me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom