class started

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

horsemen

Contributor
Reaction score
well class started well we did orientation

and they changed the lay out of how the class is going to go i say its back wards

first class class is sat 9am pool til noonish

1- ? do all 5 mods "book work" yes all 5 in 1 day

sun beach dive

the following sat pool 9-noonish

meet back late after noon to go to boat "sleep on boat
do boat dive sunday
done

mmm i never done the class before but i think that called rushing a class tho really doing all 5 mods in a 1/2 day ' all the book work '
make me fell a little un at ease at my first buddy dive i think but maybe being un at ease will keep me a little sharper then thinking i king and i can do this

just wondering do you think that a little fast for the book work....side note the class is just a group of 3 we have the instructor and a dm

Fast compressed and long sessions. Many will not grasp what they need to know. This sport does not come easy for everyone, what happens to the ones needing a little more time? Going to the beach with 3 hours of pool work to go is one I haven't heard off but I'm no authority. Our training has been drawn out to say the least but my wife and I have had so much time to assimilate what we've learned, caught a few more pool sessions to give her time to get really comfortable and been in some dive shop pools trying gear. Completely digested about 9 months of Dive Training Magazine and I've been a Scuba Board junkie for a year.

I'll admit that our class time was also on the slim side but with time for independent study and what was taught pool side I feel pretty good about it all. It's one thing to be taught what you need to know, it's another ting to read a feature article that covers it in depth.

Asside for a few major cautions, like don't hold your breath I guess the pool work could be done prior to the class but that's asking for gaps. After 3 hours in the pool and a lunch everyone is going to sleep through the lectures.

Just my Nebie opinion. Maybe at 48 I have more questions and need time to absorb stuff, I don't know.

Pete

horsemen:
well class started well we did orientation

and they changed the lay out of how the class is going to go i say its back wards

first class class is sat 9am pool til noonish

1- ? do all 5 mods "book work" yes all 5 in 1 day

sun beach dive

the following sat pool 9-noonish

meet back late after noon to go to boat "sleep on boat
do boat dive sunday
done

mmm i never done the class before but i think that called rushing a class tho really doing all 5 mods in a 1/2 day ' all the book work '
make me fell a little un at ease at my first buddy dive i think but maybe being un at ease will keep me a little sharper then thinking i king and i can do this

just wondering do you think that a little fast for the book work....side note the class is just a group of 3 we have the instructor and a dm

we was doing the class then the pool but they are doing the discover scuba the same day at the same time so they switched the pool first so we would have the pool to our selfs

Back
Top Bottom