Question Is AOW a waste of time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you expect to follow the CCR route, consider carefully how far down the OC route you want to go.
Anyone considering CCR should remember that OC is your bailout mode. You want to be really comfortable with OC, perhaps even at the Advanced Trimix level, before moving into CCR. I think it is best to think of CCR as coming after OC, not instead of OC.

Anyone considering CCR should remember that OC is your bailout mode. You want to be really comfortable with OC, perhaps even at the Advanced Trimix level, before moving into CCR. I think it is best to think of CCR as coming after OC, not instead of OC.
I agree but the cost of helium makes advanced trimix OC unaffordable.

I agree but the cost of helium makes advanced trimix OC unaffordable.
Which motivates the CCR, of course. I just hate to see someone on a deepish CCR dive bail out to no-helium OC. They are already stressed....so they better know how to deal with an OC trimix dive.

Which motivates the CCR, of course. I just hate to see someone on a deepish CCR dive bail out to no-helium OC. They are already stressed....so they better know how to deal with an OC trimix dive.

Why would you bail out to no helium deepish?

I do vehemently agree with OC deco before CCR FWIW. If you do AN/DP before CCR you can start with helitrox.

Why would you bail out to no helium deepish?
That would be your only choice if you had no training in OC helium and/or had no OC helium because it is "too expensive."

That would be your only choice if you had no training in OC helium and/or had no OC helium because it is "too expensive."

Not quite, as I mentioned , helitrox is an option if already AN/DP before mod1.

From

IMG_7743.jpeg

That's for 150 ft max. I'm thinking 200+ when I say deepish.

Mod 2 prerequisite is air dil or helitrox mod1.

Mod3 prerequisite is mod2.

There is a path to mod 3 that skips air dil and OC Trimix; is it a great idea? I don’t know but you don’t have to bail to no helium.

Fair enough on the deepish definition.

Mod 2 prerequisite is air dil or helitrox mod1.

Mod3 prerequisite is mod2.

There is a path to mod 3 that skips air dil and OC Trimix; is it a great idea? I don’t know but you don’t have to bail to no helium.

Fair enough on the deepish definition.
Yes, if you take enough OC training you can do the dives. The OP wants to skip all that. My point is it is a bad idea because of bailout to OC. And ailing out to no helium is the worst of all.
I've never understood the Mod 1-2-3 stuff. My tech training is PADI and TDI...so no Mod stuff. What the Mod numbers means seems to be time variable and unagreed.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom