Clean Up Lake Pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sounds cool! I may be interested - I'll check with my 'rents on what they have (as I don't have any camping gear still.)

I hmay be able to help out with some of the food - I have about 50 brats, 100 hamburgers, and 40 hot dogs on hand in the freezer at the moment (There's a reason for this - and no, I don't have a huge family.) I also have ~6-8 traffic cones that I could bring also to assist in "roping off" and area. I think that might be a good idea to help secure an area for the shops.

I'm replying to fkostyun but this is really a general question for everybody...

What are you planning to bring to the campout? I'm not even sure of the head count right now. I can think of several people that are coming but nobody has actually confirmed. I'm all for folks bringing some of this and that to share but I'm thinking at this point that we should all just bring what we want for ourselves. I don't know if anybody is bring a grill to cook out on or wood for a camp fire. I'm hoping to get out there by around 6:30 on Friday night. I'm planning on bringing a couple of 12-packs of soda, a couple big bags of chips, some burgers and dogs and (of course) cookies, all to share.
Anybody have any thoughts on how we can get coordinated?

Steve.

I am hoping to come - the plan as of right now - but!!! it depends on what the "facilities" are for the wife (IE a bathroom that has running water.) If she doesn't want to come - I may have some "other arrangements" I can make - but - the person I'd be with is in either caymans, belize or roatan at the moment. I am going to be at the LDS tommorow night - so - I can run by with them what their plans are, etc.

As far as grills go - I have a gas one - but - I do not have a truck. I have a small/portable one that uses charcoal that I was thinking of bringing - (not sure on restrictions if there are any.) I will probably bring a stack of a few things that I have.

I plan on being there this weekend - it may actually be calmer this weekend due to Nascar. This may be a good time to chat if several of campers are there!

Steve:

No one from the park has called me back about cordoning off an area. If you have a contact name, you'd better run with it. Otherwise we'll have to set out about a dozen dive buoys and hope that the the jet skiers don't use them for slalom course. Of course we could always tie rope from buoy to buoy.

Greg

I did some solo stuff out there today with the doubles and stage bottle and pulled up a couple dozen bottles and about a dozen cans. There still was alot of crap in the water but each dive my bag and pockets were full

Thanks to Steve, Janet, Greg, Frank and Christine. Had a geat time this morning. Hope to see you all next weekend. Regards, Bill.

I did some solo stuff out there today with the doubles and stage bottle and pulled up a couple dozen bottles and about a dozen cans. There still was alot of crap in the water but each dive my bag and pockets were full

I'm glad that you made it. I think we met once near DT a few weeks ago. You must have been diving in a different area than we were on Saturday. Were you the ones down on the far end of the spillway area? We were near the middle of the spillway. Could you believe how the boaters diss-ed our dive flags? I pulled up two goodie bags full of junk. Didn't find any cash this time though. :(

Anyways, I hope to see you next weekend at the show.

Dive Safe..

Thanks to Steve, Janet, Greg, Frank and Christine. Had a geat time this morning. Hope to see you all next weekend. Regards, Bill.

Thanks for coming out Bill. I had a great time exploring the trenches and shelves with you. What was up with those little white balls all over the lake bed? Wish you could have stayed for the burgers and dogs. Greg is as good a burger man as he is a diver, which is to say - great!

We had a great time with everybody that came by. Frank and Christine, any time you want to meet at the lake, drop me a line. I wish you could have stayed longer and hope to hook up with you at the show.

Great dives with good friends. It doesn't get any better.

Steve.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to do this! I didn't see this thread til today, and unfortunately can't make it to the show this weeked.

It would be nice if the lakes would sponsor a 1-2x per year cleanup effort... get a compressor shack set up (turn in a bag of trash, get a free fill), give out refreshments... maybe even have a "unique find" contest.... We have enough lakes around to keep everyone diving all season!!!

Anyway, kudos to all that participated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom