Clean up of Puget Sound???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubak

Contributor
Reaction score
I just saw this article...can this really be happening in March? I can think of several other places where the pilings need to be removed. Take a look at the article.
Yuck!!!
http://www.vashonbeachcomber.com/
K

That would be nice Lamont...
I really think there are non-productive piling areas that should be of a higher priority to clean up and that could be seen by the general public that would bring the Gov. cleanup plan into the spotlight.
K

Somehow, I doubt that the creosote from old pilings is nearly the issue that runoff from septic tanks is . . . But addressing septic tanks would annoy landowners who would have to shoulder the expense. You can pull out some pilings, make a big fuss about it, and only annoy a few divers. Sigh.

TSandM:
Somehow, I doubt that the creosote from old pilings is nearly the issue that runoff from septic tanks is . . . But addressing septic tanks would annoy landowners who would have to shoulder the expense. You can pull out some pilings, make a big fuss about it, and only annoy a few divers. Sigh.

Exactly. And so what the public gets is 'Environmental Theater' to make us feel like we're doing good. This narcs the conscience a bit so we don't feel so guilty about ignoring the more significant offenders.

-Ben

Back
Top Bottom