Cleaning Found Items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I were having a bathroom redone a year or so ago. She called me at work to ask me a question about something and then says "Oh, I gotta go, the plumber is here..."

"Hey," I said. "Tell him about the mug I found on the Arundo!"

[flashback]

The Arundo was torpedoed by U-136 on April 28, 1942. It now sits in a max depth of 140' or so, and doesn't get dived all that much as it's a bit deep for the recreational crowd, and it's in an area known as "the Mud Hole" which collects all the silt and sediment that the Hudson river carries out to sea, so you can imagine what the viz is like.

So one day we're out there and I go down the line, and just off the tie in I see a white ring in the muck. "Hmm..." I reach down and pull up an intact coffee mug. Dirty as hell, encrusted with crud, etc. Bag it, and finish dive. Back on board I clean it up a bit and it has a maker's mark on it and a date of "1942." Very cool. I take it home, clean the solids off and put it in the back of the toilet where it will sit for a few months.

[/flashback]

I get home that night...

Me: "Hey, new toilet and sink look great."
She: "He really did a great job."
Me: "Oh, did you tell him about the mug I found on the Arundo?"
She: "Yeah. Turns out he's a diver too; really enjoyed the story."
Me: "So where is it?"
She: "Where is what?"
Me: "The mug?"
She: "How should I know? Where'd you put it?"
Me: "Uh..."

Turns out that when I said "Tell the plumber about the mug..." she thought I meant "Tell the plumber the story about the mug..." and didn't understand that I meant "Tell the plumber the mug in the back of the toilet..."

:shocked2:

*facepalm* Good story bro :laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom