Clear Springs Scuba Park Water Temp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbles3d

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone recently went diving at Clear Springs Scuba park and can tell me the water temp at surface and at 20ft.? Their website is not up-to-date. Thanks and happy diving everyone!

The Texas Swamp Divers forum is a good place to ask a question like this:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

I was out there last weekend doing my Open Water checkouts and it was ~71* at the surface and I believed ~65* at around 25 ft. Being a newb, I didn't have a computer so I can't say for sure. Someone can back me up.

The water flowing from all those underwater springs is a constant 71 degrees year round. While there might be some marginal cooling during the winter, the flow is so great that the temp really doesn't have time to drop much before the water leaves Spring Lake.
Same thing goes in the summer. While the temp might rise a bit due to atmospheric heating, the flow keeps the lake pretty constant--71 degrees.
Have fun! Aquarena Center is a great place.

I was there last weekend, surface temp was showing 70 degrees, and one heck of a thermocline at 15-16ft, didnt stay below thermocliine long enough for computer to get an accurate temp... just a little cool for a 3 mil suit

EGAD!!!
I did, indeed, confuse two different threads. SORRY ABOUT THAT! Thanks for straightening me out, Twobit.
That'll teach me not to make quick posts while multi-tasking. Sheesh.

I dont know what you guys are talking about. For a Texas lake, its pretty standard, but compared to actual salt water diving, it is not worth the effort. I realize ofcourse that many Texans dont have a lot of other options. One cautionary note I would like to add is the owner, be careful when you go there, he is an absolute nutcase. A hillbilly on a power trip. The place is also not very safe all the time, and the amenities are poorly kept.

Okay, I'll step up to the plate...

1) Of course it's not salt diving. You're in the middle of TEXAS. As for "typical lake", the lakes within 50 miles of my home are truly undiveable, so CSSP is a marked improvement. If I want to dive salt, I'll make the 10 hour trip to the FG, Florida, Bahamas, or Cozumel.

2) Robert has always treated me and my friends with the utmost respect, civility, hospitality, and friendliness. I don't know what happened for you to have labeled him a "nutcase" and "hillbilly" (which I suspect more than a few folks would consider a highly bigoted and charged epithet), but I've NEVER seen that side of him.

3) Exactly what did you consider "unsafe" about CSSP? I don't know of anyone (well, one exception...a paranoid schitzophrenic) who has ever expressed any comments about feeling unsafe there.

4) I've found the amenities to be quite adequate for my needs. The grounds have always been neatly kept, trash is picked up, relief stations are well-positioned, the entry points safe and convenient, and the air-fill station manned by very accomodating and efficient staff.

In short, I have no idea what you are talking about. We ARE talking about Clear Springs Scuba Park near Terrell, Texas, right?

Last edited:
What's not safe?

Place looks nice to me. I expect, depending on the cleanliness of visitors and the time you show up, you may see messes left behind. It's not like they have a big staff.

It is a a lake/quarry/scuba park. dive it for what it is. Compare the apples with apples.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And Mod, methinks this thread might be more appropriate over in the Texas Swamp Divers forum. (But that's just my opinion...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom