Clear Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I kinda figured TexasMike would beat me to this especially since it would be a chance to rib me on being a doofus :bonk:

I got an all important kitchen pass to go diving with Michael Sunday at Clear Springs (Terrell TX) We got there and he realizes he has no cash. They don't accept plastic. So I get to lay out cash for entrance. We drop off tanks for air. I lay out cash for 4 tanks of air. I don't normally run with that much cash. We start getting gear ready and I first realize I don't have my booties. Ok so I can dive with cold feet no biggie. Then I realize I have no regs either. :eek: Now I feel stupid. Mike is nice enough to drive the 100 mile round trip to get my regs so we can make one dive.

Max depth 45' time 43 min surfaced with 750 lbs
Vis above 25' was about 10' there was a two foot cloud layer at 25' where the vis improved to about 15' and the temp dropped to about 62*F. Sorry yall thats cold to us I was more than happy in my 1/4" farmer john and shortie (yes thats 1/2" of wetsuit thru the chest) and 7mm hood.

Special thanks to Syruss for moving the gear into Mikes truck and out of the rain.
Double special thanks to TexasMike for making the trip home so I could dive.

Tom

These things happen. I've actually forgotten a wetsuit before... and if you know about San Diego diving, your not gonna be able to do without it. So I called my roomate at 6am on a Sunday morning to deliver my wetsuit before anyone noticed. What a guy eh! He did without complaining... guess it helped that I was his instructor too huh! :D

And he didn't mention that I had caught his wife's cold and was just a few hours shy of my head stuffing up. And it's only now (Wednesday) that I feel up to posting on the board.

Tom, I figured you were embarrassed enough about forgetting your regulator without me spreading the word.

And no problemo about the driving...that's what good dive buddies are for!

Tom forgot to mention that Clear Springs has a very healthy fish population. We saw several large sunfish and large mouth bass, and tons of juveniles hiding in the grass.

We also got to see a parapalegic diver in action. He and his buddie cruised by us at about 25' with him using some sort of hand paddles.

When we at the dive for the heart, I saw 2 GOOD size catfish lounging on the bottom around the edges at 10'-18'. Around 20 lbs or so! And was amazed to find a good size bass lurking at around 30'.....No wonder I don't catch the big ones! Cavern QT and I had a school of crappy come up and investigate the strange critters invading their swimmin' hole too...Sure hated not getting to meet you and Tom and the rest o' the gang, sometime soon maybe...
We're headed for Playa next weekend, just bought the wife a MX10 for her anniversary present, maybe we'll bring back one or two good pics of our trip to post.....See you sometime in Oct. hopefully.

As in Playa del Carmen, as in across from Cozumel, as in NUDE BEACH

ID

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom