CLIMATEC Underwear Rating?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSltr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is it safe to assume that the CLIMATEC underwear is made with Polar Fleece? If so, what is it thickness--100, 200, 300. Does it use a POLARTEC (trademark) specific product; i.e., Power Stretch? My LDS can get it but won't stock it for me to take a look. I looking to get an EVERTEC drysuit and was wondering if SCUBAPRO has a temperature comfort level recommendation in degrees Fahrenheit when used in conjunction with EVERTEC for insulation.

The Climatec is 100% Polyester and has the feel and look of a thin fleece; it does not brand the Polartec copyright. Most of our divers purchasing the Evertec dry suit, have gone with the Polar Shell undergarment which a Nylon/Polyester but much thicker with an external shell covering.

CLIMATEC:
• SCUBAPRO natural complement to EverDry4 and generally to all neoprene dry suits• Water-repellent and breathing material built in two layers• Soft, to ensure total freedom of movements, yet offering great warmth properties• Requires less weight to compensate buoyancy​
• Ankle stirrups and thumb loops for donning convenience

POLAR SHELL:

• Complete thermal protection for membrane drysuits in a super-soft 2-piece under suit, ensuring ultimate comfort
from start to finish​
• Water and wind proof: made with tri-laminate exterior softshell material: nylon/polyester with breathable membrane​
inside and complete with microfiber inner lining​
• Both dive and surface time have been considered: Jacket and suspender can be worn separately. Large venting on​
arm with wind proof backing​
• Neoprene seals on arms and legs• Vertical zipper for easy access to interior pockets• Stretch Panels under the arms• Pockets double as vents• Velcro compression straps on calves​
• Thumb and ankle pull-straps for easy donning/doffing

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom