close to the greatest fish 4K slow-motion captures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not on the side of good
and I do not need people/ herd of folk thinking for me..

A while ago, video appeared on the internet where a guy was dragging a shark by it's tail behind his speedboat.
Let's say that people who saw this, were not amused to say the least.

I'm not a (sports)fisher, but I'm willing to learn. Can some explain me the sports aspect of driving a hook through the head of the fish, lifting it while another hook with rope is dragged through the lower jaw. Movement of the fins tells me that the fish is still alive. After this has been done, the fish is dragged behind behind the boat. Oh wait, I've seen that before :(

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 17.35.13.png

Reactions: OTF
A while ago, video appeared on the internet where a guy was dragging a shark by it's tail behind his speedboat.
Let's say that people who saw this, were not amused to say the least.

I'm not a (sports)fisher, but I'm willing to learn. Can some explain me the sports aspect of driving a hook through the head of the fish, lifting it while another hook with rope is dragged through the lower jaw. Movement of the fins tells me that the fish is still alive. After this has been done, the fish is dragged behind behind the boat. Oh wait, I've seen that before :(

View attachment 629158
It’s a ritual of the under endowed who feel torture of large animals makes them into something powerful, reaffirmed by their welcome at “the house of the rising sun” for the quick turnaround they provide to the workers there.:wink:

I'm a fisherman myself - but offshore "big game" fishing always rubbed me the wrong way. It seems wrong to hunt these large apex predators that are already overfished to the brink.

Separately, good fishermen and hunters make a point of killing anything they take as humanely and quickly as possible. Aim your shot well, and/or swiftly finish the job with a knife or club. Sadly that is all too uncommon, especially in fishing.

Some of the tuna footage at the end is almost great, it must be amazing to dive with those huge fish. Too bad the video is out of focus, shaky, and badly edited.

I have no problem with fishing, but when the value of a single fish exceeds $100,000.00 (often by a lot), I begin to get the sense that: "Houston; we have a problem".

Back
Top Bottom