Close Up Lenses for RX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice report perhaps pushing the RX100 too far for video macro? Another choice maybe?

There are not many things so small overall it does well with one diopter and I had too much magnification with two
I think a 9D or 10D is perfect for Pygmy and overall am happy with the result
Pygmy hang out on fans not on flat bottom so they are a separate topic
For your general muck diving the camera does wonders

Okay overall you sounded disappointed with your results? I use a Subsee +10 on my NEX7 it is very good but have to stay v still

I am disappointed that you need a diopter for even basic macro this is asking a lot as you have to take the lens on and off during the dive
However once you have the lens the set up works very well
The quality of the image is super no complaints there

I am disappointed that you need a diopter for even basic macro this is asking a lot as you have to take the lens on and off during the dive
However once you have the lens the set up works very well
The quality of the image is super no complaints there

Hi Interceptor,

you mentioned the UCL-165 as a good close up lens (which is good as I have one :)) which is AD mount. What is (you think) the best adapter to use it with M67 (Nauticam housing)? do you know if one would experience vignetting or anything?

EDIT: thinks like the fisheye fix ADM-M67Pro could do the trick? doesn't seem available though

Hi Isbal
The Fix M67-ADF Pro needs a modification then it can take also the Inon UFL165AD. I have a new one I bought never been in water and already modified with an acrylic spacer. You need to step zoom to 35mm but then all is perfect

Otherwise with that adapter you can use an Inon UWL-100 28AD no vignette but dome options is expensive, you need to buy the Inon ring to accept the UCL165AD I would not recommend this better to use the UFL165AD and use the modified adapter

I am now selling the RX100 rig if you want the adapter I can sell it to you at the same price I bought it for plus shipment including the spacer ring let me know
I am also selling my Nauticam housing if that is of interest and the RX100 itself it is a great camera for pictures but no so good as I expected for video which is what I do

I have a saga flip mount w/67mm threads for wet macro lens (and two Inon UCL-165M67 lenses), but I have not used this stuff yet and probably wont for a few months. I am not 100% confident I made the right choice in camera since I do a lot of macro shooting underwater, but we'll see.

Hi Isbal
The Fix M67-ADF Pro needs a modification then it can take also the Inon UFL165AD. I have a new one I bought never been in water and already modified with an acrylic spacer. You need to step zoom to 35mm but then all is perfect

Otherwise with that adapter you can use an Inon UWL-100 28AD no vignette but dome options is expensive, you need to buy the Inon ring to accept the UCL165AD I would not recommend this better to use the UFL165AD and use the modified adapter

I am now selling the RX100 rig if you want the adapter I can sell it to you at the same price I bought it for plus shipment including the spacer ring let me know
I am also selling my Nauticam housing if that is of interest and the RX100 itself it is a great camera for pictures but no so good as I expected for video which is what I do

Hi,

If I understand well the Fix M67-ADF Pro (which is be different than the ADM one, always thought there was only 1 bayonet type) needs a modification so it can use both UCL165 and UFL165. Or without modification it needs an Inon ring to accept the UCL165AD, and can be associated with the UWL-100 28AD.

Anyway your RX100 + Nauticam could be interesting, depending price & shipment (I live in France), maybe this would need to be discussed privately though.

Basically as it comes you can only use the Inon UWL-100 28AD as otherwise the lens would crash into the glass port
You can get a spacer ring for the diopter but that leaves too much space for the fisheye to do a decent job
I hand crafter a spacer plus screws so the port is really close but does not touch, the lens stops vignetting at 34mm you can see some example of the field of view here
Sony RX100 ? Tips for underwater video part 9 Wide Angle Shots and Lenses « Interceptor121 Underwater Video

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom