CLX 450 or TLS 350?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sashaz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've searched around the board and found some answers, but thought to post another thread anyway.

I am looking for opinions on which suit to get the CLX 450 cordura top or the TLS 350.

Just some points - I am looking to dive in the great lakes, and am worried about the zebra mussels, therefore I was leaning towards the 450, but I am also a girl, and the weight of a suit does matter - all the ladies are suggesting to go with the 350. When I compared the weights, the 450 seemed just fine to me though.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

My G/F Dives A Bare Tri-Lam HD Tech Dry a Great Suit. Tougher outer shell then the TLS and you will save alot of money. Don't be sold on the name. Don't get me wrong DUI makes nice suits but so does alot of other companies. Bare being one and has been around for a very very long time. And they are the only company to offer a Lifetime Guarentee on all seams and workmanship. I was comparing those 2 suits and when it all came down to it. It' was not worth spending 800.00 extra for the Name.

BARE Scuba Diving - USA

Hi,

This is Kathy with DUI. Either model would be excellent. And the $770 FREE Stuff Promotion continues through March 31. DUI is proud to present the Extreme Drysuit Promotion - $770 FREE Stuff. One suggestion - purchase the extra long CF200 kneepads. That will give you extra protection against the Zebra mussels and it also offers a little cushion for the knees.

Happy drysuit diving!!!!

Kathy

The CLX450 will not be too heavy. I'm also female, 5' 1" and I have the 450. It's fine.

I really like my DUI 50/50. The bottom is the CF200 material and is very tough. It has a trilam top so it is lighter there. All in all I think the little extra wieght of the CF bottoms will be way worth the extra protection and durability it provides. DUI is also an excellent customer service company too. They are one of the best companies I have done buisness with. If you don't want to pay the price of new, you can allwats buy used and have DUI service dept. customize it for you. I did this and am very pleased. Good luck.

I dive a TLS350 and I'm a great lakes diver, love my suit. The 450 takes forever to dry.

I have dove BARE and DUI and have been diving for many years. Hands down DUI makes a superior suit in my opinion and you cant beat their support. I have to agree with 5.4. The CF is very very durable if thats what you are looking for. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom