Cocos Island Cave shot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Md Spear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
https://vimeo.com/61322000 link to snippet shot in a cave that runs thru a pinnacle off Cocos Island with a sonynex5n. at 3200 iso video the sony really works well to film inside this cave. there must be 5000 fish moving around the cave. For me, it was one of the nicest dives of the trip. Used the sony in a nauticam housing with a nikonos 15mm lens . Light and Motion 4000 lumen u/w video light brought out the colors like you are right there on the dive.

Nice. Lots of fish and I especially loved the shark at the end. It seems like your 4000 lumen video light was really good for the fish and wider angles, but much too bright when you pointed it at the surrounding rocks/coral.

Nice job of keeping the video stable in the surge!

I was fascinated by the respiratory rate of one of the divers outside the cave. I can't even BREATHE that fast!

We had current and or surge on alot of the dives that were away from the island around the pinnacles. it made it tough on the divers with physical issues. "Seahunter" even provided bigger tanks [ about a 106 cu ft] for those who were zippin thru their gas supply.

Back
Top Bottom