cold water gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

40f is pretty cold but I'd disagree that it is "too cold". Most of my diving is in cold water quarries from spring to fall and I've seen 40f temps at depth and never had a problem in a wetsuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife has poor circulation in her hands and they get quite cold quite fast. At the local dive shop's recommendation she switched to the XS Scuba Dry Five gloves: XS Scuba Diving Gloves and her hands are much more comfortable. Only issue is they are a bit of a bitch to put on.

I second on The DryFive gloves. I dive them regularly in 6 to 8 celcius water, 60ft average, and never get cold digits after 50minutes in the water. They dont circulate any water and are "semi dry". Takes some practice donning and doffing, just go slow, take your time. And when you dry them, flip them inside out for a bit or they will never dry inside! I love love love these things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My wife has poor circulation in her hands and they get quite cold quite fast. At the local dive shop's recommendation she switched to the XS Scuba Dry Five gloves: XS Scuba Diving Gloves and her hands are much more comfortable. Only issue is they are a bit of a bitch to put on.

I can get my gloves on easy enough when they are dry, but when they are wet, that is a different story.

Up until now, I would fill the gloves with water and then put them on. That helps a LOT. Your hand going into the glove, forces the water to go around your hand to get out, expanding the glove and they go on much easier. So if you don't have anything else to help you, this really works.

On a recent trip, the boat owner had some silicon spray.

Just a little shot into the glove and your hand slides right in. Can't get any easier than that.

McNett Silicone Spray | Dolphin Scuba Center

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom