Color correcting no-flashl digital pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Several different things have been referred to as mandrake's technique, or 'the mandrake method', to my immense amusement. I thought I would follow Eli's approach and put a few sample photos on my website, along with exact descriptions of what I did (which was a bit different in each of the three photos there now).

Hope this helps clarify the mandrake method. Or confuse it, or whatever. LOL

http://www.pbase.com/dkusner/photoediting

sapphire once bubbled...
Perhaps this is a difference between Elements and 7.0??

Anyone out there with Elements figure this out?

sapphire

it seems that elements doesn't do actions - at least i can't find a way and there's nothing in the documentation about them. but take a look at this page: http://hiddenelements.com

the book looks like a great thing for elements users - and the actionplayer download May be just what is needed.

I'm just starting to work through it. It's a heavy read but the tutorials and CD projects promise to be very educational.

Dee once bubbled...
I'm just starting to work through it. It's a heavy read but the tutorials and CD projects promise to be very educational.

Dee, if you can find better instruction about how to set up the action player, post it eh? i can't make heads nor tails of the stuff supplied with the free download!!!

James,
You really need to get the book to take advantage of the techniques that Richard Lynch presents. And as Dee has pointed out it's not an easy read, but you just have to stick with it. It's not a typical "xxx for Dummies" type of book. I'm slowly getting thru it.

TedJ once bubbled...
James,
You really need to get the book to take advantage of the techniques that Richard Lynch presents. And as Dee has pointed out it's not an easy read, but you just have to stick with it. It's not a typical "xxx for Dummies" type of book. I'm slowly getting thru it.

Agreed. As I acknowledge on my photo-editing site, this book was the source of many of my current techniques, and an inspiration for others. You really have to work through the examples, possibly more than once, and some of the explanations are a little terser than they perhaps should be, but I've never read anything else so useful.

right now i'm interested in getting the free down loadable tools from the web site running. i want to see if the actions i use regularly will work on elements too.
I use PS7 ( soon to be 8) and the elements stuff he has doesn't interest me at the moment. i will probably get his book to see if there are technics i don't know about and can use. my main concern now is the vague ( at best ) instructions on how to load an action into the ( replaced) welcome screen player.

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm still learning but my photos are looking much better already. This is so nice.

Comparison

Before:
P7290108originalsmall.jpg

After:
P7290108bsmall.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom