Colorado instructor recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, I just posted a lengthy "about me" in the introduction section, so I won't repeat all that here. Quick summary: PADI OW cert in 2003, refresher in 2005, refresher in 2013, with a total of only 22 logged dives. I'm ready to actually "get into" diving, and am looking for advice on where to go for more training. I was thinking about starting by doing the buoyancy and navigation specialties.

So, I would like some advice on where to go for instruction. I know of a few LDSs, but I don't know anything about their reputations. I'm in Lakewood, CO (Denver metro area), but would be willing to do some driving for better instruction. Also, I am not set on PADI; I'd consider any organization as long as the instructor is top-notch.

Thanks for any advice!

If you want to come as far north as Ft.Collins lookup divedoggie here on SB, or boulderjohn a little closer to home on SB as well.

3 good PADI dives shops that provide excellent service and instructors:

A1-Scuba (Littleton): 5 star PADI, Nice indoor scuba pool with underwater music and excellent instructors, competitive prices for classes. I completed my Nitrox and Rescue training with them.
A-1 Scuba & Travel Aquatics Center | Colorado's Ultimate Scuba Store! | Littleton, Colorado 80110

Flatiron Scuba (Broomfield): 5 star PADI, Awesome customer service but no pool onsite
Flatirons Scuba - Premier Colorado Dive Store PADI Scuba Certification Classes in Colorado

Weavers Dive (Boulder): 5 star PADI, great staff, competitive prices for classes.
Scuba Dive Education - Weaver's Dive Center

I hesitate to post on this bc I don't have any real training experience with them. BUT I was traveling on business and went to A-1 on 2 occasions. They were knowledgeable and very helpful. I enjoyed the shop and the customer service

I might be wrong but I think they do some classes in the Denver aquarium. I know that you can pay and dive it but I think they mentioned they take their class their sometimes. Might be wrong though.

As my name suggests, I live in nearby Boulder. I work with Weaver's Dive shop there. If you are interested, we have just started a new program that we are calling ART--Advanced Recreational and Technical diving. The Advanced Recreational part goes well beyond the normal recreational class structures. It includes two approved specialties that you will get nowhere else in Colorado and nearly nowhere else int he world. One is called TecReational Diver, and it teaches a host of more advanced skills designed to make you a safe and effective diver in environments where standard recreational skills will not serve, including highly advanced buoyancy and trim, frog kicks, modified frog kicks, modified flutter kicks, backward kicks, and helicopter turns. It also teaches gas management and more advanced decompression theory. The second class is Advanced Dive Planning, and it goes into a wealth of academic material and practical skills designed to allow divers to dive unsupervised n nearly all environments with safety and confidence. It also includes gas management, more advanced deco theory, navigation, and a variety of other skills.

Hi CWC welcome to the forum. Why not do your Advanced Open Water? Buoyancy and navigation specialties are usually included in an AOW course. You can do it in a weekend at the Blue Hole/Perch Lake.

I would contact Kent aka Divedoggie at:

CSDA - Striving For Better Diving? PADI Scuba Diving Certification

I have a few buddies who did their training with A-1 and they are excellent divers as well.

You can do PADI Adventure Diver at the Denver Downtown Aquarium with A-1 Scuba.

As my name suggests, I live in nearby Boulder. I work with Weaver's Dive shop there. If you are interested, we have just started a new program that we are calling ART--Advanced Recreational and Technical diving. The Advanced Recreational part goes well beyond the normal recreational class structures. It includes two approved specialties that you will get nowhere else in Colorado and nearly nowhere else int he world. One is called TecReational Diver, and it teaches a host of more advanced skills designed to make you a safe and effective diver in environments where standard recreational skills will not serve, including highly advanced buoyancy and trim, frog kicks, modified frog kicks, modified flutter kicks, backward kicks, and helicopter turns. It also teaches gas management and more advanced decompression theory. The second class is Advanced Dive Planning, and it goes into a wealth of academic material and practical skills designed to allow divers to dive unsupervised n nearly all environments with safety and confidence. It also includes gas management, more advanced deco theory, navigation, and a variety of other skills.

Do you have more information on this. I couldn't find anything on your website.

I know--they still haven't put it up.

Give me an email address and I will send you the information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom