Coltri Sub Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zboss

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience diving with Coltri Sub Regulators? Some feedback would be nice.

Abyss sold a version of the C 9000 reg. They say it was slightly different, but I do not know for sure. You can find them at www.techdivinglimited.com under regulators.

I have several I use for deco. The reg is small light and works well.

Did you have any particular questions?

zboss:
Does anyone have any experience diving with Coltri Sub Regulators? Some feedback would be nice.

Coltri Sub markets a full series of regulators. Some parts are made in Italy, some in Taiwan. For the most part they are good general purpose regulators. They recently started to sell a product the Ocean C 11000 which is an APEKs like 1st stage which is an excellent 1st stage -- Coltri does not make it but I dived one for a year in beta tests when I ran product development at Abyss -- the 2nd stage on that is also an excellent second stage --we sold many of those at Abyss as decompression regulators and I ahve had them to 200 fsw as a primary and they work well. In fact as I write this we have 5 in for annual service on our bench.

http://www.coltrisub.it/catalogo_gen_2004/HTM/REGULATORS/ocean_C11000.htm

this one --

http://www.coltrisub.it/catalogo_gen_2004/HTM/REGULATORS/ocean_C9000.htm

is not made by coltri either but is an EXCELLENT regulator -- we sold these as decompresison regulators for many years at Abyss and they work very well. I still have about 10 of them in my deco box and we have about 6 set up as recreational regs for scuba students as well and they work great.

The other 2nd stages that Coltri has are reasonable and will work well under recreational conditions. We tested them extensively while developing some regulator products and found them to be good all around 2nd stages but not top performers.

Regards,

I'll second Joel on that. The C9000 first stages are a small clean layout, and perform well. The seconds are great for deco hang (small/ comfortable/ didn't freeflow), but you could overbreath them if you tried. I never tried the C11000. Are they available?

I use the coltrisub C11000 and it works fine. I also have a coltrisub C1000 octo, but I have to admitt i havent done much breathing with that one.

Coltri have 2 new regs available - both are fantastic see Aerotecnica Coltri - Regulators - POLARIS

I did a 46 Metre dive ( that's 150 feet ) at 1450 M elevation ( that's 4757 Feet again) with the Polaris Reg a few weekends ago and the Reg performed flawlessly
I have a Apeks XTX 200 as well and would say the Polaris is on a par !

polaris reg.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom