Coming and want to dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Melvin,

Thanks so much for the nice invite. I have the trip planned and reserved so I am coming!!

I am in pretty good shape, usually run/jog a mile a couple of times a week. Maybe I'll put on all my gear and walk around my block!! That would draw some attention. I don't think the walking will be an issue.

Sounds like if I hook up with you and/or Jan, I might not need to rent anything. Planning on bring all my equipment, save weights and a tank.

I have both a full 5-4-3 wet suit and a farmer john 7mm. Which would be best for your diving? Hope one of you has a camera so I can remember the event!

The hotel I'm staying at is on Bristol, in Costa Mesa and not far from the coast. I will be traveling with a non-diving co-worker that may or may not want to come with us. I'll have a rental car so I can met you where ever.

The evening I get in would probably be best to just settle in and get unpacked, so unless things change I'm ok for Monday (and Tuesday and Wednesday......)

Again thanks for welcoming me and I really look forward to this. Just to forwarn you this will be a number of firsts for me, ocean dive and evening/night dive. (I do have a couple of lights)

I'll send you a PM in early August to get things corrdinated.

Jeff

Water temps will be 55-66 or so. Most of us wear 7 mm year round.

I just did a dive yesterday with a gentleman from Colorado who had never dove the ocean before. Where we go is up to you. Malibu or Palos Verde for the kelp forrest, or Laguna beach for rocks and such. All are good dives depending on what you are looking for. Laguan is closer to you, but I dive Malibu, to Laguna Beach so it is all good. (562) 421-3094 to coordinate.

I'm ready!!

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a couple of dives that week so we can hit both Laguna and Malibo.

I'll call you next month and set things up.

Jan - would be great to met you also!

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom