coming from singapore for 3-5 days in late may - where in indonesia to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only one problem for me... My wife really doesn't like shore diving! If I want to do boat diving, should I still pick Tulamben?

I agree with Quero. This is really easy shore diving. I was just there a few weeks ago, staying at Liberty. The dive ops do everything for you. Your gear will be carried down to entry point. The guides will help you put it on and carry fins, cameras, hold your hand, whatever you need. Once you're in, you just descend, no surface swims or anything. I commented on another post that it was almost like been on a liveaboard it was so easy. And because it is a rocky beach, there's no annoying sand flying everywhere either, not that there was a breath of wind when i was there either, conditions were amazing. And the diving is great!

Oh another resort that looked really beautiful was Ocen View Resort, i stayed next door, so can't comment on how luxurious it was but it looked pretty special.

Have fun!!

In Nusa Lembongan every dive is from the boat. Water is a bit colder than in Tulamben, but visibility much better and you have the possibility to see something bigger like Manta Rays and Mola mola (if lucky, season is not started yet).
About the accommodations, very good resorts in Batu Karang, Coconut Beach and the very private The Point Lembongan, all luxury resorts (in Bali standards)

have fun anyway!
Francesco

Lembeh Straits near the town of Bitung, fly on Silk Air (subsidiary of Singapore Air) to Manado then ground transport to Bitung, Muck Diving. Do lot of night dives. Full range of resorts to meet all budgets. Most Dive sites are just a few minutes away

I would check out Bunaken. Direct flight from Singapore to Manado. Easy boat ride from Manado to Bunaken. Great, easy diving is a short boat ride away, once you're on the island.

Back
Top Bottom