Commercial Pier dive this Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm sounds good to me although I can't eat much :wink: But as long as my cousin is up for it I'm in. I'm making him drive tomorrow :wink: So I'll be in the blue explorer.

The time is now 0509 - the gear is packed (found my wifes ole 63 from MI so we can pull out 2 dives each maybe), the jeep is gassed up.. we're out, see ya'll in a few. :)

Erojacks.. Change of ploans. Sat (it is already noon and we are still in Bonita.,, :( That is what happens with too many divers but no big deal.. We are heading stright to erojacks. Then Sunday Morning to Commercial.. Will be there around 8.

Might see you there. Black 4x4 f250 diesel. We have 6 divers with us. Might just be 4 by sunday though.. I wont give an exact time,, not possible with this many hooligans.. J

Sunday 8AM Commerical sound great! Looking forward to diving with y'all.
Cbulla and Kbulla, nice meeting ya'll today and look forward to a dive again with K. We had fun. Tomorrow will be better.
Amelo nice meeting you and your cousin. and Darkmoon3d nice meeting you and your friend.
I had a good time. Look forward to tomorrow!
:j

Yeah definitely. Depending on how the photos come out I'll post some when I get them back.

How was the visibility?

We're not going to be able to be around tomorrow, we looked at provisions for Xman (diapers, formula, and diapers again to name a few:wink:) and ourselves and decided it would be better to plan something out for an overnighter another weekend.. maybe labor day or something to that effect.. the offers of crash space are truely and honestely completely appreciated and may yet be taken up for future diving!

Jen, Kris will no doubt post something up soon, but from her husbands perspective you made her day! Month maybe! I can tell she enjoyed her experience out there and felt very comfortable in your company.

Amellio, Darkmoon, Rey, Mike, Marvel.. and any others I didn't mention, it was great to have met you all and put some names and faces.. again... soon.. we will venture to the otherside and again.. I will attempt to seduce my regulator into the water for some bubble blowing!

Jenny, thanks again for being my first Florida dive buddy!! I really appreciated your patience with my weight issue... I can't tell you how nice it was to get below the surface again after 4 years. Adding a few more pounds, ditching the shorty and going back to my original mask strap will definitely make improvements for next time.

Yay!! I'm a diver again!! :wink:

Dennis, where Jenny and I were the vis was about 20' or so, but we weren't all the way to the actual reef. I heard that it got better as you got farther out, but I couldn't tell you for sure. Hope that helps some...

Jenny, I forgot to ask about a few of those fish we saw... Were those weird-looking ones cow fish or something like that? Very cool stuff! Especially the little ray!

I can't wait to do it again, but hopefully Colin will get a chance next time, too...

~Kris

Well the vis got better the closer you got to the pier. We were at the first reel line about 100 yards from shore for the second dive and we were getting a vis of probably 30-40 feet. The first dive was only about 20. I can't wait to see if the pics come out ok. Using cheapo cameras always leaves it up in the air :wink: On the second dive I had enough vis to take my time and frame fish with coral and get some nice shots. Hopefully they come out ok.

Hi Kris
Glad you enjoyed yourself. Look forward to the next one! WE got lucky on a lot of the fish we saw. Actually in perspective to what is a little further out, we didn't see much, but alas:
We saw trunkfish, scrawled cow fish, that school of bar jacks, grunts, sailors choice, juvenile french angels, the yellow stingray, a porcupine fish, hmm, can't think what else we saw.

And as long as I am on fish sightings: on the first dive with Amelo, saw a pair of harlequin bass, a decent size spanish hog, 2 sharks, one very scared lobster....

NOTE: Marine Patrol was checking for licenses. Maybe will post in its own thread...Make sure you have your license in your possession or they will write you up!!

Vis on first reef was 20-25, improving the further out you went. Definate difference in the temps at 10ft also! "Cold" on surface, as in relatively speaking in Florida terms in August!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom