Comox or Naniamo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are coming all the way over to the island from Edmonton, try and going a little bit further and go over to either the West Coast of VI, Barkley Sound or go all the way up to Cambell River or Port Hardy Better Vis, and amazing life. just my $.02 (the Nanaimo Wrecks are fun though)

B

Ok, definitely sounds like I should try for September with the trip..!

Too bad to read the 6 gill sharks aren't around, I've been reading about them but no indication they weren't making an appearance.

I'll be mainly looking for marine life on the trip and this time will focus in/around Nanaimo, though I'll try to visit the other spots mentioned as well.

naiya:
Too bad to read the 6 gill sharks aren't around, I've been reading about them but no indication they weren't making an appearance.

Well if you take bpeake's suggestion you could go to Thasis. 6 gills are reported almost daily there including non-divers see them under the dock in town. It is a small logging villiage on the west coast of Vancouver Island. I want to go this summer myself.

That definitely sounds worth a visit then! Did you mean Tahsis.. just looking at a map here. Would be a full day trip for the dive(s) I think, assuming I'm based in Nanaimo.

Well perhaps once I settle on some dates for a trip, I can re-post and see if you or anyone here would be interested to meet for a dive there.

wedivebc:
Well if you take bpeake's suggestion you could go to Thasis. 6 gills are reported almost daily there including non-divers see them under the dock in town. It is a small logging villiage on the west coast of Vancouver Island. I want to go this summer myself.

What are the months the 6 gills are in Thasis? without a map infront of me where is this place? anything else to do there besides look from a dock? just curious if I head to the island if worth stopping by(apart from the shark sightings)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom