Company in Orlando?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
My husband and I are going to be in Orlando Wednesday through Friday, attending the national meeting of our riding organization. We have no evening plans -- Are there any Florida SBers who would like to get together for drinks or dinner?

My husband and I are going to be in Orlando Wednesday through Friday, attending the national meeting of our riding organization. We have no evening plans -- Are there any Florida SBers who would like to get together for drinks or dinner?

If you get a couple people responding I can definitely show up as well. I can also recommend a couple of places to eat if you guys are interested.

Would LOVE some recommendations for places to eat, but our limitations are that we are staying at the Disney Coronado hotel (the convention hotel) and we do not have a car.

Tonights dinner was ridiculously expensive and completely uninteresting, though, so a taxi fare and a more reasonably priced (and TASTY) dinner would be quite attractive. Or an uninteresting meal with interesting company.

I find Orlando a depressing place for a meeting because of the food/price issues. Diving company would help a lot!

Would LOVE some recommendations for places to eat, but our limitations are that we are staying at the Disney Coronado hotel (the convention hotel) and we do not have a car.

Tonights dinner was ridiculously expensive and completely uninteresting, though, so a taxi fare and a more reasonably priced (and TASTY) dinner would be quite attractive. Or an uninteresting meal with interesting company.

I find Orlando a depressing place for a meeting because of the food/price issues. Diving company would help a lot!

Well you could grab a disney bus to the pleasure island area and then grab a quick cab to the crossroads area. There is a chicago style eatery over there I believe the name is giardano's or something like that. If you dont have a car it would get kind of pricey for the cab rides to all the really good places to eat. But there is lots downtown disney but thats still expensive.

Heya. Sorry but you are going to find Orlando full of uninteresting touristy places. :sad: Pleasure Island has an admission fee of $20 to get into a place full of clubs and loud music, I am guessing you and Peter are not interested in that (me either). However, just outside of Pleasure Island is Cirque du Soleil, Le Nouba. Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

I have been to this show numerous amounts of times - you will not be disappointed. Just outside of this show is the House of Blues (still very touristy but great food). After the show you can stroll along the and check-out the different shops and restaurants and people watch a little :). There is a WolfGangPucks and Planet Hollywood but I would recommend just passing them by. Anyway, It is a fantastic way to spend an evening and the Cirque will not leave you disappointed, I promise.:)

I wish I would have know of your arrival to the Orlando area and Cave Country ahead of time - we would have definitely put something nice together for you and Peter.

just my quick 2 cents- get out of Disney and come up to Orlando!

Its worth a cab ride- downtown Orlando has a lot of interesting restaurants and fun places to hang out after. just head to the intersection of Orange Ave and Central and you'll find plenty!
Walk down Central to the Lake Eola/Thornton park area or up and down Orange and you're sure to be entertained and fed well.

People live here too :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom