Compare Apeks ATX200 & Atomic M1

Which would you choose?

• Apeks ATX 200

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Atomic M1

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greenhonu

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am trying to choose a regulator and I have narrowed it down to these two. I think I really can't go wrong with either one but the decision is driving me nuts as I keep going back and forth. Can anyone please help me compare these two? I won't be traveling much so finding parts won't be an issue and I will be diving in cold water mainly around 60ft and I might start in on some photography soon. If anyone has anything bad to say about these two I would love to hear it. Thanks!!:bounce: :tree:

Ive had my M1 for about 4 months now. Have about 30 dives on it. I love it. Most of my dives are in the pacific ocean near Monterey, Ca, but I also just got back from the carribean. It breaths as easy at 20' as it does at 145'. Bubble interference is very minimal, and its pretty streamlined. It never freeflowed on me, even if I forgot to turn in the adjuster on the second stage (which they recommend when your on the surface of the water)The only thing that I kind of regret getting is the swivel on the 2nd stage. I didn't have any problems with it wanting to pull away from my mouth, but sometimes when your looking around you can tell you would benefit from a swivel. I cant say anything bad about it at all. Of coure, prior to my M1 I was using rental gear, and it was mostly junk, so I cant give you any comparisons against any other high end regs. I was also looking at the scubab pro mk25/s650, but it wasnt out yet and I kind of had my mind made up on a Atomic anyway. They sure look similiar (in case you didnt know, atomic was started with some guys that left scubapro) Hope this helps.

I personally think you cant go wrong with either al though I am bias and would go the apeks atx 200 , I had mine for roughly two years with close to 250 dives on it and never had a failure yet and it breaths as easy at depth 130-150 feet as it does at 30 feet , never had a promblem with Bubble 's with taking photo 's from the bubbles ect .just another happy apeks customer !!!

My vote is to buy the Atomic Z1 and save the extra money for your camera set-up. I've borrowed a T1, and my Z1 breathes virtually identically. With the optional wide exhaust, and a SeaCure mouthpiece, I hardly know it's in my mouth. :)

Don't have any basis for comparison with the Apeks, but I can tell you that, although I cringed when slapping the pastic on the counter to pay for this Mercedes, I have since thought to myself often while diving that it was worth every penny. It seems almost psychic in its ability to deliver exactly the amount of air required at any given time with absolutely no resistance, noise or any other evidence of its presence. The exhaust tee is so wide as to shunt the bubbles far from my field of vision. The whole rig is very compact, light and generally unobtrusive. The mouthpiece is exceptionally comfortable and seemingly not prone to fatigue.
I dive tropical waters, so I can't comment on cold water diving, though the literature on the M1 would seem to indicate that it would be ideal in those conditions.
Of course, there are many who swear by the Apeks and just as many who wouldn't trade their Scubapro Mk25 / S600's either. But I'm loving my M1! Good luck with your decision....

Back
Top Bottom