Comparing Exoware to a 3 mm suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a trip coming up and need to pack a light suit. I am wondering if anyone has compare the warmth of Exoware to a 3 mm suit.

Thanks,

george

That looks like Bare's branded version of a Lavacore (also sharkskin). Thin layer of soft cloth inside, then the middle of the suit is a thin plastic of some type and then the outer layer. They're not as warm as a 3mm wetsuit, but they are far more flexible and comfortable if they are warm enough for your planned dive. I'd compare them to a 2mm neoprene suit.

They take a lot longer than neoprene to dry. If you do a 2 tanker and hang it up, the suit will still be dripping wet for the next morning's 2 tanker. This makes rinsing critical so you don't get so stinky. Bring a plastic garbage bag or other waterproof container just in case you need to pack it in your luggage when it's still wet.

They are neutrally buoyant and the buoyancy does not change with depth at all. Therefore you can carry a bit less lead with these types of suits.

i have exoware, lavacore, and sharkskins.... the exoware is better imo. dries quick too

not as warm as 3mil, i have the exotherm jacket that i wear over a lavacore hood... i'm good to 80 with that.... a little cooler and i'll throw a 2mil shortie under... past that and its 5mil or drysuit

i love the neutral buoyancy of it and the machine washability... i dont own a 3 mil as a result

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom