Completed OW Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cgilyeat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Finally done, I just completed my OW certification dives yesterday at Lake Rawlings, VA. :D Other than the air temp being a bit chilly and the hike back up the hill to the area we were at, it was a great weekend. Had little problem with the BC remove and replace, but I'll just have to find some pool time to work on it. Waer temp was about 68 at the surface so the 7mil Farmer John with gloves and boots (no hood) was just about right. Can't wait to get out and dive.

Great to hear you had a good dive. just keep diving and take a few minuets on your dive to go over the skills you feel you need to.. I have a dive buddy that always starts his dives with some type of skill... It could be the bc remove and replace..or as fast as the mask R and R... Congratulation's and welcome to the dive world..

Congratulations and welcome to a fun adventure sport!

I know for me I had a different BC for almost every class. Flipping into it was easy enough but finding the darned clips to button it up was a challenge. Getting into your own consistent gear will be a big advantage if you don't all ready have it.

Lot's of gear chossing advice can be found here at SB. Bottom line, take your time and test, test test, then buy.

Dive safe and often,
Pete

cgilyeat:
Finally done, I just completed my OW certification dives yesterday at Lake Rawlings, VA. :D Other than the air temp being a bit chilly and the hike back up the hill to the area we were at, it was a great weekend. Had little problem with the BC remove and replace, but I'll just have to find some pool time to work on it. Waer temp was about 68 at the surface so the 7mil Farmer John with gloves and boots (no hood) was just about right. Can't wait to get out and dive.

Congrats and welcome to the world of water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom