Comps with Tide Graphs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ixy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering if anyone knows of any dive computers with tide graphs as a feature. i know they have some with watches, but would like to get one with on my console.

Since tides are highly location-specific, the only way can think of that you could get tide information in a dive computer would be if you could buy something and download it into the computer. It wouldn't be reasonable to try to sell only "Puget Sound compatible" computers, I wouldn't think.

You can use an iPhone on the surface to get the tide info...

I live here on the West coast of Florida. The standard tide clocks sold at marine supply stores are not correct for our part of the Gulf Coast. If we are shore diving, I carry a copy of the local tide charts available from the local fishing tackle stores. I'm not aware of any dive computers that offer this feature but I'm sure your local NOAA will have information you can access on a lap top.

It was 59 f at 70 ft out in the Gulf off Clearwater last Saturday. Not as cold as Nantucket, but made me grateful for my 7mm.

Generic application of lunar cycles are not all that useful.

This is one of several sites I use for local tides:

Tide Region Selection

google is your friend.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom