Computer on wrist or in console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also like the wrist mounted computer. I find that I check it more often on my wrist and I really like being able to refer to it easily on safety stops.

The consoles are nice for having everything together in one place, but they can be bulky. Another advantage of the console is that you are not going to forget it on a dive like you could a wrist mounted computer. I have never personally forgotten my computer but I have seen it happen.

See if you LDS will let you try both types prior to purchase and good luck.
Actually i have the aeris so it can go either way. a lot of good points of view here. wrist seems to make sense with regards to ascent/safety stops. I like it in the console but I will have to re-think this now...

Interesting point. I will make one in return. As opposed to looking at your wrist for Depth/time etc... then look at the spg for air, wouldn't it make more sense to have all that info in one place?
(I have a cheap puter). in my conole?

There is another answer to this. You can get a wireless AI computer, all you need on the wrist. But I also have a mini cousole with a spg, compass and depth gauge as a backup.

I would go with the wrist, as it is much smaller, easier to access, and not as bulky as a console. Plus, how do you clip off a bulky console???

Have both. MUCH prefer my wrist computer. So much easier to keep an eye on.

For recreational diving I wear one dive computer on my R wrist. In diving deco obligation dives I wear a second identical dive computer on my L wrist as a back-up.

I think the usual rationale is that it leaves the left hand free to manage buoyancy. I wear a computer on each wrist, but I am in the habit of using the right one.

I wear it on the right because I wear my watch on the left, my wife wears it on the left because she likes to wear her watch on the right.

Wrist definately, say you're hanging on a line in a decent current, I hold the line with my right hand so I can see my depth, my left hand is free to vent my BC as I ascend. Same goes if you are doing a free ascent, you can keep your left hand on the hose, and monitor depth with your right hand.

I don't check my air as often as I check duration and depth. (and depth usually dictates how often I check my air)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom