Computer wrist strap - Broken..need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scarefaceDM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Afternoon folks

I have a - very still in good shape Uwatec Pro Nitrox -

Aladinpro.jpg

I am on or was on my Third strap. Since the last break I fanagled a bungie system. Worked great for two years but it also broke...so

The magic question is: Has anyone figured out a bungie system or attachment to house this computer? Like DSS systems for use with puck style computers and bottom timers. i am looking for a way to mount my computer. Make a mount or buy one.

The straps run about 50$ CDN. Gets expensive after a few go a rounds.

Anyone with an idea?

Thanks
Stephen

Ive had the USD Scan 5 since 97, also with strap problems.

DIY strap is the best:

1) Weave the strech cord in and out of the "teeth"
2) tie off with a sailors Knot
3) seal with heat shrink tubing
4) profit

I'll attach a photo tomorrow...

Thanks. Did something last night.

Attachments

• step9.jpg
    step9.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 65
  • step19.jpg
    step19.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 58
  • step16.jpg
    step16.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 74
Looks nice but I think I would prefer 2 separate bungee loops as well for redundancy.

Did you ever consider removing the metal pins and drilling those holes out to pass the bungee thru there? Maybe there isn't enough material to do it but I thought about doing that on one of my Uwatec computers.

Scott

Looks nice but I think I would prefer 2 separate bungee loops as well for redundancy.

Did you ever consider removing the metal pins and drilling those holes out to pass the bungee thru there? Maybe there isn't enough material to do it but I thought about doing that on one of my Uwatec computers.

Scott

That's what I did with my Smart Z. There's enough plastic that it's still pretty beefy even after drilling it out just enough to accomodate the bungee (1/8"). I also use two loops in case one fails. Yeah, I know that I've now made it impossible to go back to the strap but I never intend to anyway.

Cheers,
Lilla

I did consider the redundant aspect. My compass and bottom timer are set up with two separate bungees

I will get more bungee. They make them flat and wider. As it is now I used a 1/8" bungee. I also ALMOST drilled out the holes. But I may sell it down the road.

Since I use this computer for both wetsuit and drysuit...the available adjustment is nice. Always snug.

Thanks for the ideas folks

Stephen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom