Conditions at Lauderdale by the Sea post hurricane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adurso

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Lauderdale by the Sea is worth diving yet?

Was going to be in the area around 9/21 and hoped to get a dive in.

reports from today, Vis 2-3', first reef covered
Thanks for the report Seeker. By first reef, do you mean the first true reef that's out past the pier? How are the conditions in the shallows halfway out the length of the pier? I have friends who want to snorkel there soon and they are wondering if there will be anything to see or if all the relief is covered with sand. Thanks!

Went out this morning just north of Port Everglades. About 8' vis could just barely seen the end of my fins. Water is heavily slitted still probably because of getting all the sand that ended up on the roads back to the beach. Hoping it clears soon I'm itchy to get back in the water!

Any updates on the conditions in Fort Lauderdale? I had hoped to do some shore diving at Lauderdale by the Sea in mid-November when I'm down there. I'd appreciate any feedback anyone can give. Thanks!

I was in Dania about 10-15 miles south of lauderdale by the sea on Tuesday. Vis was about 15’ when I got in (almost high tide) when I got out around an hr and a half after high tide vis was down to 8’ or less. Not the best conditions but was a nice snorkel/freedive session in 20’

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom