Condolences Catalina fatality 5/31/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Reed, please pass my condolences onto his family and friends.
I was also on the KN with Dr. Bill and it seemed like a flurry of rescue activity going all directions that morning. Very sad news.

I was aboard the Magician at Isthmus Reef when we saw the helicopter land at the chamber.

Sad day.

My condolenced to his family.

PaPa Bear I wanted to thank everyone who helped Dave. I stumbled on this site looking for information. The news starting filtering in yesterday to his Law Enforcement brothers. A lot of us still don't know the full story but reading everyone's posts are filling in some blanks. I worked with Dave for many years on the streets, he was one of the best people I knew. Thanks for posting the picture he looked happy! Thanks again.

I am so sorry for your loss.
I understand what it is like to lose one of your own.
It was an unfortunate accident. we don't always get the answers that we need.
Most of us on this site involve ourselves in disussions like these to learn from unfortunate events and use any knowledge gained to prevent future tragedies. I hope any friends or family that may read this will understand that. I also hope we can continue to respect the loss in future posts.
my condolences to his friends, family, and brother officers.....

My heart goes out to all who knew him. My thoughts and prayers for his family, friends, fellow divers, and officers. I am truely sorry for your loss.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please limit your posts to words of sympathy for Mr. Pike's family and friends. Accident discussion can be found here. Thank you.

very sorry to hear we lost an other good diver.
My condolances to all freinds and family.

My condolences Papa Bear. I am glad to see that this thread has remained civil and respectful. Thanks also to the good doctor who reminded us all to state hearsay as exactly that. It is truly amazing how we never know when it is going to be our time and when it does come, no amount of human effort can change that fact.

Dave leaving here brought a little more sunshine to heaven. We will all miss him terribly. He was a really fun guy who will be missed by us all. God Bless all those who helped Dave! May God give strength and peace to all of us who knew him that have lost him for now.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom